- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Youths represent Bell City well
To the editor:
I went to Westfield Shoppingtown West Park Mall with my granddaughter to do some shopping. While we were there, we stopped at McDonald's for a drink and sandwich. I couldn't help but notice a big group of children aged from approximately 12 to 17 eating in the center of the mall. I was really impressed with the way they were acting and behaving. I then noticed they were from Bell City, Mo. They were so polite.
I think the school, faculty and parents from the Bell City area ought to be proud of these kids. Good job.