Senate passes electric-rate bill to benefit possible Bootheel aluminum smelter, steel mill3The Missouri Senate approved legislation Friday that sets the stage for lower electric rates to encourage reopening of an aluminum smelter and possibly entice a steel mill to New Madrid County. The...
Judge denies dismissal motion; embattled sheriff remains out of office for nowCHARLESTON, Mo. -- Embattled Mississippi County Sheriff Cory Hutcheson remains barred from his elected office while a legal fight continues in circuit court. Judge William Syler, who issued a...
- Weather stunts attendance, hours at Cape Splash season-opener
- Kushner back channel with Russia involved Syria
- City of Sikeston takes over operation of Humane Society shelter
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting
- Cape County opts in to sales-tax holiday
- Coo Coo Ca Brew: Man dabbles in brewing his own beer at home
- I-55 reduced for bridge maintenance
- Tailor Institute funding cut by state, to remain open
- 100-Mile Yard Sale draws bargain hunters to Highway 25 from Jackson to Kennett 1
- Sen. Wayne Wallingford pushes for passage of electric-rate bill 9
- Memorial ceremony honors area fallen police officers
- Notre Dame grad Kevin Ray Brost prepares to travel country in support of music career
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat
- Watts sentenced to life in prison for fatal attempted bank robbery in Cairo
- Man sentenced to 10 years in prison in child molestation case
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants 2
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants
- Judge denies accused man's request to juggle during trial
- $10,000 bill for getting car stuck in newly poured concrete
- Swan statue stolen by naked man has been found in Florida
- US science agency: Selfies with seal pups a no-no
- Renovation on New Mexico church finds new visitors _ bees
- 'Bad neighbor' unplugs bounce house at girl's birthday party
- New North Carolina restaurant deluged by $300,000 water bill
- Humane Society may cap number of animals accepted from Cape if city doesn't increase funding
- Sen. Wayne Wallingford pushes for passage of electric-rate bill
- Missouri House advances power-rate bill
- A phony excuse for New Orleans population decline
- Pastor likely contracted hepatitis B from sexual-misconduct victim
Memorial Day: A salute to fallen heroesEditor's note: The following is our annual Memorial Day editorial. When the first ceremonies were held following the Civil War to honor those soldiers who had lost their lives in battle, communities sought to pay proper respect to fallen heroes. Over the years, those observances have been adopted nationwide as Memorial Day. Several special events are planned throughout this holiday weekend, which also traditionally marks the start of summertime activities...
Spirit of America AwardEditor's note: You can nominate individuals for the 2017 Spirit of America award through June 13 by submitting the printed application that appears in the newspaper or online at semissourian.com/spirit. On July 4, 2016, I received the Spirit of America Award after being nominated by Mr. ...
- Notre Dame girls track and field wrap up Class 4 state meet in record fashionThe Notre Dame girls track and field team finished the season off with record performances -- a school record for all-state finishes and a plethora of podium finishes, including an individual state title -- at the MSHSAA Class 4 Track & Field Championships on Friday and Saturday at the Dennis and Roberta Licklider Track Complex in Jefferson City, Missouri...
Notre Dame boys tennis doubles team drops 2 matches at state tourneyThe Notre Dame boys tennis doubles pairing of Andrew West and Isaac Hopkins lost two matches in the state tournament Friday and were eliminated in...
Southeast Missouri State baseball freshman Wright earns All-OVC tourney honorsFreshman Danny Wright was the lone player to represent the Southeast Missouri State baseball team on the Ohio Valley Conference All-Tournament team,...
Southeast Missouri State track and field finishes season at NCAA West PrelimsSoutheast Missouri State senior Zach Gordon finished 21st in Saturday's finals of the 200-meter dash, wrapping up his stint at the NCAA Outdoor Track...
COMMUNITY BRIEFS: Capahas schedule tryouts for SundayThe Burger King Capahas will hold tryouts for the 2017 season at 6 p.m. today at Capaha Field. Those who are interested in playing for the Capahas...
Southeast Missouri State track and field competes at NCAA West PreliminariesThe Southeast Missouri State track and field team opened competition at the NCAA West Preliminaries on Thursday. Two Redhawks, Kayla Gutierrez and...
Bob Crank joins Southeast Missouri State volleyball coaching staffThe Southeast Missouri State volleyball team announced the addition of Bob Crank as an assistant coach on Wednesday. "I am beyond thrilled to add Bob...
St. Vincent girls soccer convincingly swings past Maplewood-Richmond Heights, into Class 1 statePERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Every time the ball hit the back of the net in the second half, the realization sank in a little more. The St. Vincent girls...
Gregg Allman of The Allman Brothers Band dies at age 69SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Gregg Allman, a survivor of tragedy, knew the blues musically and in a painfully personal way. Raised by a single mother after his...
Best bet: Comics and collectibles trade show set for Sundayealers will be set up to buy, sell or trade all types of collectibles at the first comic-book, books and collectibles trade show from 10 a.m. to 6...
Artifacts 5/26/17A fundraiser hosted by Jackson Party Animals and Shared Country Blessings will be today and Saturday at St. Louis Iron Mountain Railroad in Jackson....
2017 Scholarship WinnerNoah M Pettit from Oran was presented a $600 scholarship by Missouri Heritage Mutual Insurance...
Four of 11 brothersVisiting us from Wisconsin, four of our five visiting grandsons made use of the River Front boat...
All God's creatures need to feel secureA robin built her nest in our carport on top of our ladder. Then she had three little babies. So...
Legal Administrative Assistant (5/26/17)Spencer Fane LLP
Manager - Network Operations Center (5/25/17)Big River Communications
Network Monitoring & Surveillance Specialist (5/25/17)Big River Communications
CNA (5/25/17)Monticello House
Delivery Driver (5/25/17)Kasten
Sales Position (5/25/17)Anonymous
Pharmacy Technician (5/24/17)Broadway Prescription Shop
Children & Youth Ministries - Multiple Positions (5/21/17)New McKendree United Methodist Church
Director of Nursing (5/18/17)Confidential