Senate passes electric-rate bill to benefit possible Bootheel aluminum smelter, steel mill1The Missouri Senate approved legislation Friday that sets the stage for lower electric rates to encourage reopening of an aluminum smelter and possibly entice a steel mill to New Madrid County. The...
Tailor Institute funding cut by state, to remain openThe Tailor Institute is not closing, but leaders are working earnestly on finding a new financial path forward after its entire state funding was scratched in a recent state budgetary move. The...
- Cape County opts in to sales-tax holiday
- I-55 reduced for bridge maintenance
- 100-Mile Yard Sale draws bargain hunters to Highway 25 from Jackson to Kennett 1
- Sen. Wayne Wallingford pushes for passage of electric-rate bill 9
- Memorial ceremony honors area fallen police officers
- Notre Dame grad Kevin Ray Brost prepares to travel country in support of music career
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat
- Watts sentenced to life in prison for fatal attempted bank robbery in Cairo
- Man sentenced to 10 years in prison in child molestation case
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants 2
- Region's lakes, scenic rivers mostly open, with limitations
- 23 million more uninsured with GOP health bill, analysts say 2
- Missouri House advances power-rate bill 5
- Humane Society may cap number of animals accepted from Cape if city doesn't increase funding 10
- I-55 in Scott County reduced for bridge repairs
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago 2
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants
- $10,000 bill for getting car stuck in newly poured concrete
- Swan statue stolen by naked man has been found in Florida
- US science agency: Selfies with seal pups a no-no
- Ohio hospital drops rule requiring women to wear pantyhose
- Renovation on New Mexico church finds new visitors _ bees
- 'Bad neighbor' unplugs bounce house at girl's birthday party
- New North Carolina restaurant deluged by $300,000 water bill
- Humane Society may cap number of animals accepted from Cape if city doesn't increase funding
- Sen. Wayne Wallingford pushes for passage of electric-rate bill
- Pastor likely contracted hepatitis B from sexual-misconduct victim
- Missouri House advances power-rate bill
- A phony excuse for New Orleans population decline
Tunes at Twilight continues this eveningEvery Friday night during the spring and into early summer, a little slice of Cape Girardeau culture unfolds on Lorimier Street. Moms and pops and kids and couples unfold their law chairs and lay down the blankets as music wafts over the shade of the courthouse park overlooking the Mississippi River and downtown below...
- Ryu earns 1st career save in Dodgers' 7-3 win over CardinalsLOS ANGELES -- Hyun-Jin Ryu made his first major league relief appearance for the Los Angeles Dodgers, tossing four scoreless innings to earn his first career save. Taking the career starter out of his comfort zone required careful deliberation among the front office, doctors and Ryu, who admittedly wasn't thrilled at the idea...
Bob Crank joins Southeast Missouri State volleyball coaching staffThe Southeast Missouri State volleyball team announced the addition of Bob Crank as an assistant coach on Wednesday. "I am beyond thrilled to add Bob...
Notre Dame girls soccer prevails over Rosati-Kain in penalties, returns to state for first time in 13 yearsST. LOUIS -- The pickle juice will go to Kansas City. Even if it didn't make it to St. Louis. The Notre Dame girls soccer team beat Rosati-Kain 3-1...
Bell City baseball returns to Class 1 final four with win over EminenceBELL CITY, Mo. -- Just minutes after the final out had been recorded and cries of "We're going back to state," had died down, the Bell City baseball...
Southeast Missouri State baseball team survives OVC tournament opener vs. Jacksonville StateThe Southeast Missouri State baseball team leaned heavily on its offense to begin its Ohio Valley Conference tournament title defense on Wednesday....
Southeast Missouri State baseball prepares to defend its OVC tournament titleAndy Sawyers knows a thing or two about what it takes to succeed in the postseason. The first-year head coach of the Southeast Missouri State...
Dan Holst headlines 6 Southeast Missouri State baseball players named to All-OVC teamsOutfielder Dan Holst earned first team All-Ohio Valley Conference honors to headline a group of six Southeast Missouri State baseball players who...
Missouri baseball beats Texas A&M 12-7 in SEC tournamentHOOVER, Ala. -- Robbie Glendinning hit a grand slam and Andy Toelken pitched 4 2/3 innings of scoreless relief Tuesday as Missouri eliminated Texas...
Best bet: Comics and collectibles trade show set for Sundayealers will be set up to buy, sell or trade all types of collectibles at the first comic-book, books and collectibles trade show from 10 a.m. to 6...
Artifacts 5/26/17A fundraiser hosted by Jackson Party Animals and Shared Country Blessings will be today and Saturday at St. Louis Iron Mountain Railroad in Jackson....
Cornell funeral to take place today; widow pens letterLOS ANGELES -- Late Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell will be laid to rest today at a private memorial service at a Hollywood cemetery that is the...
2017 Scholarship WinnerNoah M Pettit from Oran was presented a $600 scholarship by Missouri Heritage Mutual Insurance...
Four of 11 brothersVisiting us from Wisconsin, four of our five visiting grandsons made use of the River Front boat...
All God's creatures need to feel secureA robin built her nest in our carport on top of our ladder. Then she had three little babies. So...
Legal Administrative Assistant (5/26/17)Spencer Fane LLP
Manager - Network Operations Center (5/25/17)Big River Communications
Network Monitoring & Surveillance Specialist (5/25/17)Big River Communications
CNA (5/25/17)Monticello House
Delivery Driver (5/25/17)Kasten
Sales Position (5/25/17)Anonymous
Pharmacy Technician (5/24/17)Broadway Prescription Shop
Children & Youth Ministries - Multiple Positions (5/21/17)New McKendree United Methodist Church
Director of Nursing (5/18/17)Confidential