- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)2
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Do you enjoy reading The Best Years (TBY) or Business Today? If so, the Southeast Missourian's Paul Walker is one person to thank.
Walker, who's had a 45-year career in the advertising business, the last 25 with the Southeast Missourian, was recognized Friday night with the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Silver Medal Award. The award is given to an advertising professional who has made significant contributions to the industry. You would be hard pressed to find a more deserving recipient for this award than Walker.
Each day at the Southeast Missourian Walker works with clients on getting their messages out to the public. Whether through digital or print media, his creativity and pursuit of excellence benefits clients and readers alike. His professional accomplishments -- which include the distinction of starting the first full-service ad agency in Cape Girardeau -- make him a deserving recipient of this award. But his can-do attitude and friendly demeanor are also admirable.
Several other awards were given at the ADDY banquet as well. These individuals and groups were recognized for their work in the industry and should also be congratulated.
Hats off to all of the award recipients. And a special congratulations to our friend and colleague Paul Walker.