- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Do you enjoy reading The Best Years (TBY) or Business Today? If so, the Southeast Missourian's Paul Walker is one person to thank.
Walker, who's had a 45-year career in the advertising business, the last 25 with the Southeast Missourian, was recognized Friday night with the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Silver Medal Award. The award is given to an advertising professional who has made significant contributions to the industry. You would be hard pressed to find a more deserving recipient for this award than Walker.
Each day at the Southeast Missourian Walker works with clients on getting their messages out to the public. Whether through digital or print media, his creativity and pursuit of excellence benefits clients and readers alike. His professional accomplishments -- which include the distinction of starting the first full-service ad agency in Cape Girardeau -- make him a deserving recipient of this award. But his can-do attitude and friendly demeanor are also admirable.
Several other awards were given at the ADDY banquet as well. These individuals and groups were recognized for their work in the industry and should also be congratulated.
Hats off to all of the award recipients. And a special congratulations to our friend and colleague Paul Walker.