- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Do you enjoy reading The Best Years (TBY) or Business Today? If so, the Southeast Missourian's Paul Walker is one person to thank.
Walker, who's had a 45-year career in the advertising business, the last 25 with the Southeast Missourian, was recognized Friday night with the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Silver Medal Award. The award is given to an advertising professional who has made significant contributions to the industry. You would be hard pressed to find a more deserving recipient for this award than Walker.
Each day at the Southeast Missourian Walker works with clients on getting their messages out to the public. Whether through digital or print media, his creativity and pursuit of excellence benefits clients and readers alike. His professional accomplishments -- which include the distinction of starting the first full-service ad agency in Cape Girardeau -- make him a deserving recipient of this award. But his can-do attitude and friendly demeanor are also admirable.
Several other awards were given at the ADDY banquet as well. These individuals and groups were recognized for their work in the industry and should also be congratulated.
Hats off to all of the award recipients. And a special congratulations to our friend and colleague Paul Walker.