- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Do you enjoy reading The Best Years (TBY) or Business Today? If so, the Southeast Missourian's Paul Walker is one person to thank.
Walker, who's had a 45-year career in the advertising business, the last 25 with the Southeast Missourian, was recognized Friday night with the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Silver Medal Award. The award is given to an advertising professional who has made significant contributions to the industry. You would be hard pressed to find a more deserving recipient for this award than Walker.
Each day at the Southeast Missourian Walker works with clients on getting their messages out to the public. Whether through digital or print media, his creativity and pursuit of excellence benefits clients and readers alike. His professional accomplishments -- which include the distinction of starting the first full-service ad agency in Cape Girardeau -- make him a deserving recipient of this award. But his can-do attitude and friendly demeanor are also admirable.
Several other awards were given at the ADDY banquet as well. These individuals and groups were recognized for their work in the industry and should also be congratulated.
Hats off to all of the award recipients. And a special congratulations to our friend and colleague Paul Walker.