- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Do you enjoy reading The Best Years (TBY) or Business Today? If so, the Southeast Missourian's Paul Walker is one person to thank.
Walker, who's had a 45-year career in the advertising business, the last 25 with the Southeast Missourian, was recognized Friday night with the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals' Silver Medal Award. The award is given to an advertising professional who has made significant contributions to the industry. You would be hard pressed to find a more deserving recipient for this award than Walker.
Each day at the Southeast Missourian Walker works with clients on getting their messages out to the public. Whether through digital or print media, his creativity and pursuit of excellence benefits clients and readers alike. His professional accomplishments -- which include the distinction of starting the first full-service ad agency in Cape Girardeau -- make him a deserving recipient of this award. But his can-do attitude and friendly demeanor are also admirable.
Several other awards were given at the ADDY banquet as well. These individuals and groups were recognized for their work in the industry and should also be congratulated.
Hats off to all of the award recipients. And a special congratulations to our friend and colleague Paul Walker.