- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Christmas goal met
The Salvation Army recently announced that the Christmas fundraising goal had been reached as of Feb. 3. The Salvation Army took a few days of overtime to reach the goal. The final amount raised was $320,333.18.
I'd like to thank everyone who volunteered their time, talents and treasures toward the goal of helping The Salvation Army. You have helped the helpless. You have given hope to the hopeless. You have offered food to the hungry and shelter to the homeless. By God's great grace, you have allowed us -- in his name -- to do all these things and more.
This community's care, concern and compassion in Christ's name is such that The Salvation Army can continue to offer its services.
We are a "TEAM" -- Together Experiencing A Ministry. Without the time, talents and treasures shared with The Salvation Army, we could not do what we have set out to accomplish.
If you have any questions, please call the office at 335-7000.
MAJ. BEN STILLWELL,
The Salvation Army, Cape Girardeau