- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
This fall has already been busy with fun activities in Southeast Missouri.
Southeast Missouri State University held its annual Family Weekend last weekend. To top it off, the Southeast football team defeated Tennessee Tech for its third win of the season. Nearly 10,000 people attended the game. Coach Tony Samuel's team also moved up in the college football rankings to 27th in one national Division I-AA poll. Congratulations to the Redhawks.
The Southeast Missouri State University Department of Theatre and Dance will hold the first performance of the 2010-2011 season this weekend at the River Campus. "Once on This Island" began last night and continues Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. A final performance will take place Sunday at 2 p.m.
Tonight is the River City Music Festival beginning at 7 p.m. The festival is taking place at various establishments on Main Street. Admission to the festival is $8.
Tonight is also the First Friday Gallery art walk. About a dozen art venues will have first Friday receptions. You can see a list of locations in the SE Live section on page 2A. Admission to the gallery is free, and there are galleries to stop and shop at, too.
Cape Girardeau will once again be busy with many fun activities this weekend.