- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
This fall has already been busy with fun activities in Southeast Missouri.
Southeast Missouri State University held its annual Family Weekend last weekend. To top it off, the Southeast football team defeated Tennessee Tech for its third win of the season. Nearly 10,000 people attended the game. Coach Tony Samuel's team also moved up in the college football rankings to 27th in one national Division I-AA poll. Congratulations to the Redhawks.
The Southeast Missouri State University Department of Theatre and Dance will hold the first performance of the 2010-2011 season this weekend at the River Campus. "Once on This Island" began last night and continues Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. A final performance will take place Sunday at 2 p.m.
Tonight is the River City Music Festival beginning at 7 p.m. The festival is taking place at various establishments on Main Street. Admission to the festival is $8.
Tonight is also the First Friday Gallery art walk. About a dozen art venues will have first Friday receptions. You can see a list of locations in the SE Live section on page 2A. Admission to the gallery is free, and there are galleries to stop and shop at, too.
Cape Girardeau will once again be busy with many fun activities this weekend.