- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
Sudoku: We aim to please
Thank you for running two sudoku puzzles in the newspaper on Sunday, one with no blank spaces whatsoever. I received some enjoyment even for the second one, especially since I didn't get hit by my wife when I pointed out you had a special Mother's Day sudoku -- one that even she could do. Thank you for your coverage of local events and sports and, of course, the sudoku puzzles.
JOHN ESSWEIN, Perryville, Mo.