- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Election for God or evil?
To the editor:
Since World War II, we have enjoyed peace for 55 years as our men and women defeated two evil dictators, Hitler and Tojo.
Now our armed forces are again battling the forces of evil, and it seems like it is an uphill battle.
Our country was founded by our Christian forefathers, and we enjoyed it for many years. Now the Pledge of Allegiance for God and country is on trial.
Wake up, America. God sent his only son to be nailed to the cross for the sins of the whole world so that whoever believed in him will be saved.
Could this 2004 election be for God and country, or could it be for evil?