- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Election for God or evil?
To the editor:
Since World War II, we have enjoyed peace for 55 years as our men and women defeated two evil dictators, Hitler and Tojo.
Now our armed forces are again battling the forces of evil, and it seems like it is an uphill battle.
Our country was founded by our Christian forefathers, and we enjoyed it for many years. Now the Pledge of Allegiance for God and country is on trial.
Wake up, America. God sent his only son to be nailed to the cross for the sins of the whole world so that whoever believed in him will be saved.
Could this 2004 election be for God and country, or could it be for evil?