- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
OES thanks Cape for hospitality
To the editor:For the first time, the Grand Chapter of Missouri Order of the Eastern Star met in Cape Girardeau Oct. 7-10 at the Show Me Center. We wish to thank the people of this beautiful city, along with the mayor who gave us a welcome at our opening session, Sarah Vickery of the Convention and Visitors Bureau for all she did in helping us for our preparations and for the welcome at our opening. They helped us to get started on a successful session.
How fortunate this city is to have the Show Me Center and to have Gregg Talbut. We have worked with him since 2002 in preparation for this event. He was certainly a big part in making things go well.
All the motels where we stayed worked so hard making us happy. The Holiday Inn, Victorian Inn, Drury Lodge and the Pear Tree Inn were so kind to us in every way.
Chartwell's certainly kept us well-fed. Thanks.
We are a benevolent organization helping to support many charities. Our worthy grand matron, Joyce Hartoebben, and worthy grand patron, Paul Jackson, worked hard pushing these charities as they visited over our state.
CAMILLE NEWINGHAM, Session Chairman, Grand Chapter of Missouri Order of the Eastern Star, Risco, Mo.