- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
OES thanks Cape for hospitality
To the editor:For the first time, the Grand Chapter of Missouri Order of the Eastern Star met in Cape Girardeau Oct. 7-10 at the Show Me Center. We wish to thank the people of this beautiful city, along with the mayor who gave us a welcome at our opening session, Sarah Vickery of the Convention and Visitors Bureau for all she did in helping us for our preparations and for the welcome at our opening. They helped us to get started on a successful session.
How fortunate this city is to have the Show Me Center and to have Gregg Talbut. We have worked with him since 2002 in preparation for this event. He was certainly a big part in making things go well.
All the motels where we stayed worked so hard making us happy. The Holiday Inn, Victorian Inn, Drury Lodge and the Pear Tree Inn were so kind to us in every way.
Chartwell's certainly kept us well-fed. Thanks.
We are a benevolent organization helping to support many charities. Our worthy grand matron, Joyce Hartoebben, and worthy grand patron, Paul Jackson, worked hard pushing these charities as they visited over our state.
CAMILLE NEWINGHAM, Session Chairman, Grand Chapter of Missouri Order of the Eastern Star, Risco, Mo.