- Vargas apologizes for beer bong decision; video clip seen 130,000 times (9/25/18)11
- Sheriff, Scott County named in discrimination lawsuit by deputy (9/22/18)3
- Cherokee Ridge Girl Scouts camp to close, decision upsets area Scout leaders (9/25/18)3
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- Judge imposes millions against surgeon Fonn in kickback case (9/26/18)2
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- Large crowd turns out at Cape city council meeting to contest developer (9/21/18)3
- Cape experiencing a mid-town rebirth in commercial business areas (9/22/18)3
- The show must go on: Shipyard Music Festival continues through rain (9/24/18)1
Discovery Playhouse to host back-to-school themed carnival
Discovery Playhouse offers a unique opportunity for children to play and learn, particularly when the weather outside isn't cooperative.
The museum has many interactive exhibits for children to use their imaginations for pretend play.
On Sept. 7, Discovery Playhouse will host its first back-to-school carnival. It will include face painting, clowns, balloon animals, a photo booth, a fortuneteller and a dunking booth, Sydnee Woodruff told Southeast Missourian reporter Josh Hartwig.
There will be a raffle for a free family membership, she said. "We'll also have people in costume to make it feel more real, and we will have a lion tamer and a lion."
All proceeds from the event will help cover the carnival expenses, she said, and will help sustain the funds for "cooler stuff" within the playhouse and for future events.
The Playhouse is one of Cape Girardeau's gems. We encourage you to support the museum and attend the back-to-school carnival.