- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Giving Thanks in Islam
Thankfulness is an excellent virtue. When we are thankful, we show gratitude to others. In Islam, we give thanks constantly, by praying to God before performing any action, no matter how big or small. Muslims thank Him when they pray the obligatory five daily prayers, and also constantly in their hearts throughout the day and night.
The motto of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, to which I belong, is "Love for All, Hatred for None". We show thankfulness to the country in which we live, by serving it, especially by serving those who are in need. Such was the practice of the Holy Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him).
We show gratitude to our parents, teachers, community and government by praying for them and doing good to others. Organizing blood drives, volunteering our time and money to help our fellow country-men and those who need help abroad are ways we show thankfulness in Islam.
Thus, one excels in their love for God by being grateful to others and praying for their fellow humans constantly. In summary, thankfulness in Islam is that one is consciously trying to fulfill his duties towards His Creator and His creation, by always turning to Him alone for help or for any need with a sincere and thankful heart.
SUMMER RAHIM AHMAD
Columbia, Missouri, daughter of
Dr. and Mrs. Abdul Basit and Anwar
Sultana Chaudhari of Cape Girardeau