- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Thanks to Central faculty, staff
Central High School faculty: Where would we be without you? As I think back to the great years I spent as a student at Central High School, I am reminded of all the wonderful experiences and friends I made over 30 years ago. I am truly appreciative of the dedicated teachers who spent countless hours preparing me and many other students to become successful adults. Now, in my role as a teacher, I have that same responsibility of preparing my students for the future by giving them a solid foundation to build their dreams and goals upon.
As we prepare to celebrate American Education Week in conjunction with our centennial events, all former Central faculty and staff are invited back home for a reception in your honor. The reception will be held on from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Central High School library. Tours of the building, Tiger Stadium and the architectural drawings of the Kinder Performance Center and classroom addition will be available to those interested.
It's a great year to be a Tiger.
LISA BOOTON, Cape Central class of 1982,