- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Thanks to Central faculty, staff
Central High School faculty: Where would we be without you? As I think back to the great years I spent as a student at Central High School, I am reminded of all the wonderful experiences and friends I made over 30 years ago. I am truly appreciative of the dedicated teachers who spent countless hours preparing me and many other students to become successful adults. Now, in my role as a teacher, I have that same responsibility of preparing my students for the future by giving them a solid foundation to build their dreams and goals upon.
As we prepare to celebrate American Education Week in conjunction with our centennial events, all former Central faculty and staff are invited back home for a reception in your honor. The reception will be held on from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Central High School library. Tours of the building, Tiger Stadium and the architectural drawings of the Kinder Performance Center and classroom addition will be available to those interested.
It's a great year to be a Tiger.
LISA BOOTON, Cape Central class of 1982,