- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Thanks to Central faculty, staff
Central High School faculty: Where would we be without you? As I think back to the great years I spent as a student at Central High School, I am reminded of all the wonderful experiences and friends I made over 30 years ago. I am truly appreciative of the dedicated teachers who spent countless hours preparing me and many other students to become successful adults. Now, in my role as a teacher, I have that same responsibility of preparing my students for the future by giving them a solid foundation to build their dreams and goals upon.
As we prepare to celebrate American Education Week in conjunction with our centennial events, all former Central faculty and staff are invited back home for a reception in your honor. The reception will be held on from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Central High School library. Tours of the building, Tiger Stadium and the architectural drawings of the Kinder Performance Center and classroom addition will be available to those interested.
It's a great year to be a Tiger.
LISA BOOTON, Cape Central class of 1982,