- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Thanks to Central faculty, staff
Central High School faculty: Where would we be without you? As I think back to the great years I spent as a student at Central High School, I am reminded of all the wonderful experiences and friends I made over 30 years ago. I am truly appreciative of the dedicated teachers who spent countless hours preparing me and many other students to become successful adults. Now, in my role as a teacher, I have that same responsibility of preparing my students for the future by giving them a solid foundation to build their dreams and goals upon.
As we prepare to celebrate American Education Week in conjunction with our centennial events, all former Central faculty and staff are invited back home for a reception in your honor. The reception will be held on from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Central High School library. Tours of the building, Tiger Stadium and the architectural drawings of the Kinder Performance Center and classroom addition will be available to those interested.
It's a great year to be a Tiger.
LISA BOOTON, Cape Central class of 1982,