- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Thanks to Central faculty, staff
Central High School faculty: Where would we be without you? As I think back to the great years I spent as a student at Central High School, I am reminded of all the wonderful experiences and friends I made over 30 years ago. I am truly appreciative of the dedicated teachers who spent countless hours preparing me and many other students to become successful adults. Now, in my role as a teacher, I have that same responsibility of preparing my students for the future by giving them a solid foundation to build their dreams and goals upon.
As we prepare to celebrate American Education Week in conjunction with our centennial events, all former Central faculty and staff are invited back home for a reception in your honor. The reception will be held on from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Central High School library. Tours of the building, Tiger Stadium and the architectural drawings of the Kinder Performance Center and classroom addition will be available to those interested.
It's a great year to be a Tiger.
LISA BOOTON, Cape Central class of 1982,