Early planting: One area farm takes advantage of unseasonably warm weather - 5:42 pmUnseasonably warm, sunny days have been more the norm than not this winter in Southeast Missouri. The National Drought Mitigation Center's website lists Cape Girardeau, Bollinger and Perry counties...
Painting Hubble Creek pedestrian bridge caused faster deterioration - 4:41 pm4The pedestrian bridge over Hubble Creek in Jackson City Park is a landmark, the go-to backdrop for senior photos and wedding parties. Children play on it. Joggers include it on their daily exercise...
- Vargas: Southeast faces $6.73M shortfall, looks at possible tuition increases 18
- Regents declare Southeast smoke-free, tobacco-free campus; raise room and board charges 10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account 21
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time 1
- Sheriff buys marijuana, arrests four for drug distribution
- Sculptor Chris Wubbena wins top award at Dingeldein gala
- Pedestrian is killed near Puxico
- 'Big River': Cape native discusses his role in River Campus anniversary production of musical 1
- Southeast regents to vote on tobacco-free policy for campus 37
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn
- Judith Farris leaves legacy of teaching singing, life lessons at Southeast 3
- Art collective to unite local artists this weekend
- 10-state class action lawsuit filed against Monsanto over dicamba
- Public meeting brings out issues ranging from unruly parties to potholes 3
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story 31
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife 29
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account
- Misspelled note on pickup apologizes for 'anger isusesh'
- Joggers in bras, panties, briefs raise money for sick kids
- Man practicing Parkour falls 40 feet down chimney in Denver
- Biologists find weird cave life that may be 50,000 years old
- NY woman hits half-court shot, then gets marriage proposal
- Columbia University accidentally sends acceptance notices
- 11-foot python slithers into South Florida student's car
The history of Presidents DayMany of you will be celebrating a three-day weekend. Schools, banks and government offices will be closed Monday to celebrate Presidents Day. Well, most of you know it as Presidents Day, a day to celebrate all presidents. But officially, according to federal law the holiday is the celebration of George Washington's birth...
- Valle Catholic rallies past St. Vincent boys basketball in first round of district tourneyPERRYVILLE, Mo. -- St. Vincent boys basketball coach Bruce Valleroy kept coming back to one point as he discussed his team's season-ending defeat in the opening round of the Class 2 District 2 tournament. Every time the fourth-seeded Indians scored, Valleroy said, it seemed like No. 5 Valle Catholic had an answer...
Notre Dame's Megan Peters places 16th in 100 fly at state swimming championship meetNotre Dame senior Megan Peters wrapped up her high school career by finishing 16th in the 100-yard fly on Saturday at the MSHSAA Girls Swimming &...
Jackson wrestling's Payne Guilliams claims fifth place at state tournamentThe only local wrestler competing on the final day of the MSHSAA Wrestling State Championship tournament, Jackson's Payne Guilliams, fell in a...
UT Arlington rallies to knock off Southeast Missouri State baseballThe Southeast Missouri State baseball team held a three-run advantage through 5 1/2 innings but was undone by five unanswered runs, as UT Arlington...
MISSOURIAN ROUNDUP: Scott County Central boys basketball eases into district semisGarry Wilkerson scored a game-high 19 points, as the second-seeded Scott County Central boys basketball team trounced seventh-seeded North Pemiscot...
SEMO ROUNDUP: Southeast track and field squads wrap up indoor seasonThe Southeast Missouri State men's and women's track and field teams wrapped up the indoor regular season at the Redhawks Invitational on Friday...
Williams, Hubbs power Tennessee to 90-70 blowout of Missouri men's basketballKNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee guard Robert Hubbs III's different look gave the Volunteers some different luck. Grant Williams scored 25 points and...
Southeast Missouri State men's basketball continues West battle against division leaders UT MartinOne month ago, the Southeast Missouri State men's basketball team traveled to Martin, Tennessee, played a competitive first half and then fell apart...
Artifacts 2/17/17St. Mary Home and School Association will present the 27th annual dinner auction "Havana Nights!" on Saturday at Ray's Plaza Banquet Center, 3257...
Best Bet: Mardi Gras event planned Saturday at Hunter Valley WineryHunter Valley Winery will host its annual Mardi Gras Party at noon Saturday at the winery, 762 Route V in Cape Girardeau. There will be beads,...
#SemoSelfie 2/17/17I go red for women! #goredwearred #sfmcgoesred #americanheartmonth #semoselfie #babybump #28weeks
Dance Class for Dads and Daughters in Uptown!
Retired Teachers Association helps un-decorate Glenn House
SoutheastHEALTH Auxiliary Presents $13,165 to Hospice Grace Fund
Guardian Angel School 7th &8th Graders Attend March for Life
Catholic Schools Week at Guardian Angel School
Wild time in Custer State Park at the Annual Buffalo Roundup
About to fly awayJane Perry walks with her grandson, PJ Ruark, preparing to fly him home to Nashville, Tennessee, on...
CENET Welcome Reception Open to CommunityOn February 15, Cultural Exchange Network (CENET) will host a Welcome Reception from 5-7 pm at 338...
Jackson FBLA Has Successful District 15 ConferenceOn February 2, 2017, 53 members of the Jackson High School chapter of Future Business Leaders of...