Fallen are not forgotten during local Memorial Day ceremoniesMemorial Day celebrations across Cape Girardeau brought out hundreds of people to pay their respects with stars, stripes and salutes to fallen troops. The day's memorials began early Monday when...
Southeast Missourian's 'One Shot Frony' posthumously inducted into Missouri Photojournalism Hall of Fame1Former Southeast Missourian photographer Gerald D. Fronabarger posthumously has been named among the 2017 inductees to the Missouri Photojournalism Hall of Fame. Fronabarger, who began working at the...
- DNA match offers hope in 1998 slaying of mother, daughter
- Business notebook: Toy Bomb fills niche for comic book, fantasy fans
- Senate passes electric-rate bill to benefit possible Bootheel aluminum smelter, steel mill 8
- Judge denies dismissal motion; embattled sheriff remains out of office for now 1
- Weather stunts attendance, hours at Cape Splash season-opener
- Kushner back channel with Russia involved Syria
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting
- City of Sikeston takes over operation of Humane Society shelter
- Cape County opts in to sales-tax holiday
- Coo Coo Ca Brew: Man dabbles in brewing his own beer at home
- I-55 reduced for bridge maintenance
- Tailor Institute funding cut by state, to remain open
- 100-Mile Yard Sale draws bargain hunters to Highway 25 from Jackson to Kennett 2
- Sen. Wayne Wallingford pushes for passage of electric-rate bill 12
- Memorial ceremony honors area fallen police officers
- Notre Dame grad Kevin Ray Brost prepares to travel country in support of music career
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car
- Shark leaps into boat and lands on Australian fisherman
- German biker loses bag of cash, raining bills over Autobahn
- Judge denies accused man's request to juggle during trial
- $10,000 bill for getting car stuck in newly poured concrete
- Swan statue stolen by naked man has been found in Florida
- US science agency: Selfies with seal pups a no-no
- Renovation on New Mexico church finds new visitors _ bees
- Sen. Wayne Wallingford pushes for passage of electric-rate bill
- Humane Society may cap number of animals accepted from Cape if city doesn't increase funding
- Senate passes electric-rate bill to benefit possible Bootheel aluminum smelter, steel mill
- Missouri House advances power-rate bill
- A phony excuse for New Orleans population decline
Danforth deservingly recognized with Churchill awardCongratulations to John Danforth, a former Missouri attorney general, U.S. twice-elected senator and U.N. ambassador, who is the latest recipient of the Winston Churchill Leadership Medal. The award comes from the National Churchill Museum at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, from which Churchill delivered his "Iron Curtain" speech in 1946...
Spirit of America AwardEditor's note: You can nominate individuals for the 2017 Spirit of America award through June 13 by submitting the printed application that appears in the newspaper or online at semissourian.com/spirit. On July 4, 2016, I received the Spirit of America Award after being nominated by Mr. ...
- 3 homers, Hill lead Dodgers over Cards 5-1, 5th win in rowST. LOUIS -- With every ball that sails over the fence, Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts gets a little more encouraged that his lineup is finding its groove. Not that the rookie leading the charge seems to be feeling any pressure. Cody Bellinger, Chase Utley and Logan Forsythe hit solo home runs, leading Rich Hill and the Dodgers over the St. Louis Cardinals 5-1 Monday for their fifth straight victory...
St. Vincent senior baseball player Ethan Pecaut has channelled tragedy into unforgettable postseason runPERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Ethan Pecaut knew something was amiss when he heard his father crying while running up the wood steps outside their house. The...
Notre Dame girls track and field wrap up Class 4 state meet in record fashionThe Notre Dame girls track and field team finished the season off with record performances -- a school record for all-state finishes and a plethora...
Notre Dame boys tennis doubles team drops 2 matches at state tourneyThe Notre Dame boys tennis doubles pairing of Andrew West and Isaac Hopkins lost two matches in the state tournament Friday and were eliminated in...
Southeast Missouri State baseball freshman Wright earns All-OVC tourney honorsFreshman Danny Wright was the lone player to represent the Southeast Missouri State baseball team on the Ohio Valley Conference All-Tournament team,...
Southeast Missouri State track and field finishes season at NCAA West PrelimsSoutheast Missouri State senior Zach Gordon finished 21st in Saturday's finals of the 200-meter dash, wrapping up his stint at the NCAA Outdoor Track...
Bell City baseball heads to Class 1 final four seeking, but not discussing, three-peatBefore each season, Bell City baseball coach Justin Simpher gathers his team together and delivers a message. "Last year's over with," Simpher tells...
Cape Central girls soccer falls to Webster Groves in Class 3 quarterfinalA 14-minute stretch doomed the Cape Central girls soccer team Saturday afternoon in its first quarterfinal since 1999. Webster Groves scored all five...
Long-awaited display of restored Memphis Belle set for 2018DAYTON, Ohio -- The fabled World War II bomber Memphis Belle finally will go on public display next spring at the National Museum of the U.S. Air...
Gregg Allman of The Allman Brothers Band dies at age 69SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Gregg Allman, a survivor of tragedy, knew the blues musically and in a painfully personal way. Raised by a single mother after his...
Best bet: Comics and collectibles trade show set for Sundayealers will be set up to buy, sell or trade all types of collectibles at the first comic-book, books and collectibles trade show from 10 a.m. to 6...
2017 Scholarship WinnerNoah M Pettit from Oran was presented a $600 scholarship by Missouri Heritage Mutual Insurance...
Four of 11 brothersVisiting us from Wisconsin, four of our five visiting grandsons made use of the River Front boat...
All God's creatures need to feel secureA robin built her nest in our carport on top of our ladder. Then she had three little babies. So...
Carpenters, Roofers - Multiple Positions (5/28/17)Boulder Construction
Legal Administrative Assistant (5/26/17)Spencer Fane LLP
Manager - Network Operations Center (5/25/17)Big River Communications
Network Monitoring & Surveillance Specialist (5/25/17)Big River Communications
CNA (5/25/17)Monticello House
Delivery Driver (5/25/17)Kasten
Sales Position (5/25/17)Anonymous
Pharmacy Technician (5/24/17)Broadway Prescription Shop