- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Youth United Way
High school students from Central, Jackson, Notre Dame Regional, Saxony Lutheran and Scott City announced recently at an annual banquet that they had raised more than $15,303 and awarded $9,920 in Youth United Way grants. The money will go toward projects addressing teen pregnancy and substance-abuse prevention for youths.
The Youth United Way program is intended to make teens aware of community needs and encourage them to develop leadership skills and encourage them to volunteer. This is a great program. Congratulations to all of the young people involved.