- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)10
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Youth United Way
High school students from Central, Jackson, Notre Dame Regional, Saxony Lutheran and Scott City announced recently at an annual banquet that they had raised more than $15,303 and awarded $9,920 in Youth United Way grants. The money will go toward projects addressing teen pregnancy and substance-abuse prevention for youths.
The Youth United Way program is intended to make teens aware of community needs and encourage them to develop leadership skills and encourage them to volunteer. This is a great program. Congratulations to all of the young people involved.