- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Youth United Way
High school students from Central, Jackson, Notre Dame Regional, Saxony Lutheran and Scott City announced recently at an annual banquet that they had raised more than $15,303 and awarded $9,920 in Youth United Way grants. The money will go toward projects addressing teen pregnancy and substance-abuse prevention for youths.
The Youth United Way program is intended to make teens aware of community needs and encourage them to develop leadership skills and encourage them to volunteer. This is a great program. Congratulations to all of the young people involved.