- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- Cape theater acts to eliminate bedbugs, closes one of its auditoriums (7/27/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Jackson Homecomers begins Tuesday; new features planned (7/25/17)
- Book focuses on history of Briarwood Manor in Cape (7/23/17)
- Cape school board welcomes five administrators (7/25/17)
Need better organization, info
To the editor;
To any who choose to assist in the volunteer efforts of the local Red Cross chapter, be prepared for misinformation about times and locations, repeated callbacks because no one knowledgeable is available and showing up for training sessions when there might not be room to fit you in. The last was most frustrating, considering I drove 20 miles out of my way only to have a staff member tell me I couldn't go in for training because the class was full. I wasn't aware of any limit on class size. I was just told to show up.
A real problem is evident when a volunteer organization such as the Red Cross forgets that I am not a paid staff member and minimizes the sacrifices of my time and finances. It does not garner any real support and confidence in an organization such as the Red Cross to not have such basic information as time, location and registration information in place. Such mishaps might cause me to contribute my support where I am confident that they truly know what is going on.
CAMERON RODGERS, Cape Girardeau