- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Overwhelming displays of kindness
To the editor:
I would like to thank the extraordinary group of individuals, Genesis Transportation, Food Giant, Patrick Furniture and all area residents for helping make the Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief Drive on Saturday such a success.
Because of everyone's hard work and compassion, we were able to fill two and a half trucks and raise over $500 to aid the victims of Hurricane Katrina. The displays of kindness were overwhelming.
Just like a boomerang, may all the love you give come right back to you.
BELINDA ARNZEN, Spartech Plastics, Cape Girardeau