- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Send letters, show support for Marquette
To the editor:
This is a request for help. I am asking Cape Girardeau residents to mail a letter of support for the Marquette Hotel to Linward Appling, Director of Facilities Management, and Carl Greeson, Assistant Director, P.O. Box 809, Jefferson City, Mo. 65102.
And send a copy to Gov. Bob Holden, State Capitol, Jefferson City, Mo. 65102.
A decision is about to be made regarding the location of state agencies in the downtown area. The Marquette is one of the locations being considered. Putting the state agencies in the Marquette also would lend itself to further development of the remainder of the building for retail spaces, coffee shop and other professional offices. This would increase the tax base and have a major economic ripple on the downtown area and the region.
Take a minute and send a letter of support and let these state officials know this is a great benefit not only to Cape Girardeau, but to the state in preserving historic places.
THOMAS M. MEYER