- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Most educators welcome parents who get involved
To the editor:
I have to disagree with the Speak Out caller who implied parents should not be involved in public education. Most educators I know welcome the involvement of parents in their children's education.
Several studies indicate parental involvement and expectations are one of the best predictors of academic success.
Both parents and professional educators have their place in the educational process. Neither should be ignored.
LEONARD J. COOK