- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Most educators welcome parents who get involved
To the editor:
I have to disagree with the Speak Out caller who implied parents should not be involved in public education. Most educators I know welcome the involvement of parents in their children's education.
Several studies indicate parental involvement and expectations are one of the best predictors of academic success.
Both parents and professional educators have their place in the educational process. Neither should be ignored.
LEONARD J. COOK