- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)3
Discover local arts scene and Food Truck Friday
October is a busy time of year for events in Cape Girardeau and Southeast Missouri.
We'd like to remind you about the First Friday with the Arts event. This in an opportunity every month to visit places where art is on display and see what downtown has to offer.
There will be at least a dozen displays with new and original art dotted throughout downtown, but if you do go, be sure to make a point to visit The Artist Studio. After a long run of 12 years, The Artist Studio will be having its last First Friday showing, featuring special sales on artwork by Judy Barks-Westrich. It should be a fun night of art walking in Cape on Friday night.
While you're out enjoying the arts, be sure to stop by the parking lot behind the Southeast Missourian and rustmedia to join Food Truck Friday.
On Saturday, historian Frank Nickell will be making a special presentation on early aviation history in Cape Girardeau. Nickell will give his talk at 11 a.m. at the Cape River Heritage Museum.
The local calendar is packed with events this time of the year. Be sure to check out what's going on at semoevents.com.