- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
Each August folks around Southeast Missouri and the surrounding areas flock to the Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo. This year, as the rodeo marks it 60th year, the rodeo and music entertainment should again be a big draw.
For many rodeo goers the music entertainment is a big attraction. This year's lineup includes: The Band Perry (tonight), Jerrod Niemann (Thursday), Easton Corbin (Friday) and Justin Moore (Saturday). And when it comes to rodeo action, the connection with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association is significant.
While Sikeston is always a great host, the Jaycees reached out through a communitywide initiative this year encouraging businesses and civic organizations to show their support during rodeo week. It looks like the extra effort has paid off, and the area will be busy with events over the next few days.
As of Tuesday morning a limited number of box seats were available for Thursday's rodeo. Bleacher tickets are still on sale for each night and may be purchased online at SikestonRodeo.com or by calling 800-455-2855.
The Jaycees always do a great job with the rodeo, and their charitable support of worthy causes, thanks to the event proceeds, is commendable. We hope you consider attending.