- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Each August folks around Southeast Missouri and the surrounding areas flock to the Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo. This year, as the rodeo marks it 60th year, the rodeo and music entertainment should again be a big draw.
For many rodeo goers the music entertainment is a big attraction. This year's lineup includes: The Band Perry (tonight), Jerrod Niemann (Thursday), Easton Corbin (Friday) and Justin Moore (Saturday). And when it comes to rodeo action, the connection with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association is significant.
While Sikeston is always a great host, the Jaycees reached out through a communitywide initiative this year encouraging businesses and civic organizations to show their support during rodeo week. It looks like the extra effort has paid off, and the area will be busy with events over the next few days.
As of Tuesday morning a limited number of box seats were available for Thursday's rodeo. Bleacher tickets are still on sale for each night and may be purchased online at SikestonRodeo.com or by calling 800-455-2855.
The Jaycees always do a great job with the rodeo, and their charitable support of worthy causes, thanks to the event proceeds, is commendable. We hope you consider attending.