- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Midway through the SEMO District Fair, it's time for the annual entertainment lineup to take the stage. And this year's slate of stars should be a draw for music lovers.
Tonight the 11th annual Heartland Idol finals will start at 7 p.m. at the Arena grandstand. This is a free event that will also include a special presentation of the SEMO Fair Pageant winners. Southeast Missouri has some talented singers, and with no concert admission cost, you can't beat the price.
Thursday night country music giant George Jones will take the stage; Friday night Creedence Clearwater Revisited is set to perform; and country singer David Nail will close out the weekend Saturday night. Concerts begin at 8 p.m. each night.
Tickets for George Jones and Creedence Clearwater Revisited are $35, and Saturday night's David Nail performance tickets are $20. Those who purchase tickets in advance will also receive free gate admission. Tickets may be purchased at the fair office or by calling 334-9250 or 1-800-455-3247.
If you've never been to a SEMO District Fair concert and plan to go this year, you are in store for a treat. With reasonably priced tickets, great views of the stage and the smell of fair food in the air, the outside venue is a unique experience for all concertgoers.