- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Midway through the SEMO District Fair, it's time for the annual entertainment lineup to take the stage. And this year's slate of stars should be a draw for music lovers.
Tonight the 11th annual Heartland Idol finals will start at 7 p.m. at the Arena grandstand. This is a free event that will also include a special presentation of the SEMO Fair Pageant winners. Southeast Missouri has some talented singers, and with no concert admission cost, you can't beat the price.
Thursday night country music giant George Jones will take the stage; Friday night Creedence Clearwater Revisited is set to perform; and country singer David Nail will close out the weekend Saturday night. Concerts begin at 8 p.m. each night.
Tickets for George Jones and Creedence Clearwater Revisited are $35, and Saturday night's David Nail performance tickets are $20. Those who purchase tickets in advance will also receive free gate admission. Tickets may be purchased at the fair office or by calling 334-9250 or 1-800-455-3247.
If you've never been to a SEMO District Fair concert and plan to go this year, you are in store for a treat. With reasonably priced tickets, great views of the stage and the smell of fair food in the air, the outside venue is a unique experience for all concertgoers.