- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Midway through the SEMO District Fair, it's time for the annual entertainment lineup to take the stage. And this year's slate of stars should be a draw for music lovers.
Tonight the 11th annual Heartland Idol finals will start at 7 p.m. at the Arena grandstand. This is a free event that will also include a special presentation of the SEMO Fair Pageant winners. Southeast Missouri has some talented singers, and with no concert admission cost, you can't beat the price.
Thursday night country music giant George Jones will take the stage; Friday night Creedence Clearwater Revisited is set to perform; and country singer David Nail will close out the weekend Saturday night. Concerts begin at 8 p.m. each night.
Tickets for George Jones and Creedence Clearwater Revisited are $35, and Saturday night's David Nail performance tickets are $20. Those who purchase tickets in advance will also receive free gate admission. Tickets may be purchased at the fair office or by calling 334-9250 or 1-800-455-3247.
If you've never been to a SEMO District Fair concert and plan to go this year, you are in store for a treat. With reasonably priced tickets, great views of the stage and the smell of fair food in the air, the outside venue is a unique experience for all concertgoers.