- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Midway through the SEMO District Fair, it's time for the annual entertainment lineup to take the stage. And this year's slate of stars should be a draw for music lovers.
Tonight the 11th annual Heartland Idol finals will start at 7 p.m. at the Arena grandstand. This is a free event that will also include a special presentation of the SEMO Fair Pageant winners. Southeast Missouri has some talented singers, and with no concert admission cost, you can't beat the price.
Thursday night country music giant George Jones will take the stage; Friday night Creedence Clearwater Revisited is set to perform; and country singer David Nail will close out the weekend Saturday night. Concerts begin at 8 p.m. each night.
Tickets for George Jones and Creedence Clearwater Revisited are $35, and Saturday night's David Nail performance tickets are $20. Those who purchase tickets in advance will also receive free gate admission. Tickets may be purchased at the fair office or by calling 334-9250 or 1-800-455-3247.
If you've never been to a SEMO District Fair concert and plan to go this year, you are in store for a treat. With reasonably priced tickets, great views of the stage and the smell of fair food in the air, the outside venue is a unique experience for all concertgoers.