- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)46
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)5
Let's vote on health care
The right to vote is a fundamental factor of democracy. Let us vote on public health care. I believe it won't take more than once on the Missouri ballot to pass, unlike gambling.
Has anyone added up the cost of all our wars since our great country was born? How many corporations profited, and still do, from those American tax dollars? Wars are publicly funded. Was the national debt calculated and announced before war was declared?
I don't feel like a freeloader when I use the public library. Does anyone think Congress or veterans feel like freeloaders when they use publicly funded health care?
This Republican believes in the right to publicly speak. Even though Neanderthal minds with flowery speech and wielding the club of fear make me ashamed to be born in Cape Girardeau, I am thankful the administration shares my views in this regard.
TEENA DAY, Perryville, Mo.