- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Let's vote on health care
The right to vote is a fundamental factor of democracy. Let us vote on public health care. I believe it won't take more than once on the Missouri ballot to pass, unlike gambling.
Has anyone added up the cost of all our wars since our great country was born? How many corporations profited, and still do, from those American tax dollars? Wars are publicly funded. Was the national debt calculated and announced before war was declared?
I don't feel like a freeloader when I use the public library. Does anyone think Congress or veterans feel like freeloaders when they use publicly funded health care?
This Republican believes in the right to publicly speak. Even though Neanderthal minds with flowery speech and wielding the club of fear make me ashamed to be born in Cape Girardeau, I am thankful the administration shares my views in this regard.
TEENA DAY, Perryville, Mo.