- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Let's vote on health care
The right to vote is a fundamental factor of democracy. Let us vote on public health care. I believe it won't take more than once on the Missouri ballot to pass, unlike gambling.
Has anyone added up the cost of all our wars since our great country was born? How many corporations profited, and still do, from those American tax dollars? Wars are publicly funded. Was the national debt calculated and announced before war was declared?
I don't feel like a freeloader when I use the public library. Does anyone think Congress or veterans feel like freeloaders when they use publicly funded health care?
This Republican believes in the right to publicly speak. Even though Neanderthal minds with flowery speech and wielding the club of fear make me ashamed to be born in Cape Girardeau, I am thankful the administration shares my views in this regard.
TEENA DAY, Perryville, Mo.