- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Museum has full schedule of events
The River Heritage Museum in Cape Girardeau has a busy schedule of events planned this year, including special anniversary commemorations, concerts and other programs.
Recently the museum kicked off its 2009 season with a performance by the Jerry Ford Orchestra, which is marking its 50th anniversary. Seven other concerts are planned as part of the museum's "Saturday Mornings at the Museum" programs on the last Saturday of the month through November.
Other anniversaries to get special recognition at the museum include the 100th anniversary of the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, the 100th anniversary of Louis Houck's books on Missouri history and the 70th anniversary of the sharecroppers roadside demonstrations in the Bootheel.
Hats off to volunteer director Viney Mosley and everyone else at the River Heritage Museum who have put together an informative and ambitious year of historical observances that will provide great opportunities for all of us to learn more about our community and region.