- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Museum has full schedule of events
The River Heritage Museum in Cape Girardeau has a busy schedule of events planned this year, including special anniversary commemorations, concerts and other programs.
Recently the museum kicked off its 2009 season with a performance by the Jerry Ford Orchestra, which is marking its 50th anniversary. Seven other concerts are planned as part of the museum's "Saturday Mornings at the Museum" programs on the last Saturday of the month through November.
Other anniversaries to get special recognition at the museum include the 100th anniversary of the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, the 100th anniversary of Louis Houck's books on Missouri history and the 70th anniversary of the sharecroppers roadside demonstrations in the Bootheel.
Hats off to volunteer director Viney Mosley and everyone else at the River Heritage Museum who have put together an informative and ambitious year of historical observances that will provide great opportunities for all of us to learn more about our community and region.