- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Help for Eagle Scout is appreciated
To the editor:
We would like to thank Bruce Watkins at the Jackson Parks Department for making an Eagle Scout project possible for our son, Andrew.
Without the parks department's aid and help from local nurseries, this would not have been possible.
It is a great honor near the Fourth of July to have the flagpole redone and to honor the veterans who have served this country -- and for our son to learn an act of service from others helping so generously.
JOHN R. and MARTHA N. THOMPSON, Jackson