- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Help for Eagle Scout is appreciated
To the editor:
We would like to thank Bruce Watkins at the Jackson Parks Department for making an Eagle Scout project possible for our son, Andrew.
Without the parks department's aid and help from local nurseries, this would not have been possible.
It is a great honor near the Fourth of July to have the flagpole redone and to honor the veterans who have served this country -- and for our son to learn an act of service from others helping so generously.
JOHN R. and MARTHA N. THOMPSON, Jackson