- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Help for Eagle Scout is appreciated
To the editor:
We would like to thank Bruce Watkins at the Jackson Parks Department for making an Eagle Scout project possible for our son, Andrew.
Without the parks department's aid and help from local nurseries, this would not have been possible.
It is a great honor near the Fourth of July to have the flagpole redone and to honor the veterans who have served this country -- and for our son to learn an act of service from others helping so generously.
JOHN R. and MARTHA N. THOMPSON, Jackson