- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Help for Eagle Scout is appreciated
To the editor:
We would like to thank Bruce Watkins at the Jackson Parks Department for making an Eagle Scout project possible for our son, Andrew.
Without the parks department's aid and help from local nurseries, this would not have been possible.
It is a great honor near the Fourth of July to have the flagpole redone and to honor the veterans who have served this country -- and for our son to learn an act of service from others helping so generously.
JOHN R. and MARTHA N. THOMPSON, Jackson