- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Jetton's comment was justified; he owes no apology
To the editor:
I applaud state Rep. Rod Jetton. Speaker Catherine Hanaway respectfully went above and beyond. Jetton's comment was justified.
Jetton owes no one an apology. I feel he acted in a way that fulfills his obligation to his office. He reacted to an adverse situation in a manner that accurately represents the attitude of the public that elected him. Best of all, he neglected the intimidation that was intended by the governor.
Bravo to Jetton, and bravo to Speaker Hanaway.
Jefferson City, Mo.