- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Jetton's comment was justified; he owes no apology
To the editor:
I applaud state Rep. Rod Jetton. Speaker Catherine Hanaway respectfully went above and beyond. Jetton's comment was justified.
Jetton owes no one an apology. I feel he acted in a way that fulfills his obligation to his office. He reacted to an adverse situation in a manner that accurately represents the attitude of the public that elected him. Best of all, he neglected the intimidation that was intended by the governor.
Bravo to Jetton, and bravo to Speaker Hanaway.
Jefferson City, Mo.