- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Jetton's comment was justified; he owes no apology
To the editor:
I applaud state Rep. Rod Jetton. Speaker Catherine Hanaway respectfully went above and beyond. Jetton's comment was justified.
Jetton owes no one an apology. I feel he acted in a way that fulfills his obligation to his office. He reacted to an adverse situation in a manner that accurately represents the attitude of the public that elected him. Best of all, he neglected the intimidation that was intended by the governor.
Bravo to Jetton, and bravo to Speaker Hanaway.
Jefferson City, Mo.