- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Charlie Hutson's name associated with his city
To the editor:
Charlie Hutson was my friend and classmate in those heady days after World War II.
In those indomitable days it seemed death would never come.
Years later whenever I returned to Cape Girardeau Charlie's name would always come up.
It was as if his name was always associated with the city.
In the future when I think of Cape I will always remember Charlie.
Des Plaines, Ill.