- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- 'All Nite Skate' filming in Jackson this weekend (6/8/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Charlie Hutson's name associated with his city
To the editor:
Charlie Hutson was my friend and classmate in those heady days after World War II.
In those indomitable days it seemed death would never come.
Years later whenever I returned to Cape Girardeau Charlie's name would always come up.
It was as if his name was always associated with the city.
In the future when I think of Cape I will always remember Charlie.
Des Plaines, Ill.