- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Charlie Hutson's name associated with his city
To the editor:
Charlie Hutson was my friend and classmate in those heady days after World War II.
In those indomitable days it seemed death would never come.
Years later whenever I returned to Cape Girardeau Charlie's name would always come up.
It was as if his name was always associated with the city.
In the future when I think of Cape I will always remember Charlie.
Des Plaines, Ill.