- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Charlie Hutson's name associated with his city
To the editor:
Charlie Hutson was my friend and classmate in those heady days after World War II.
In those indomitable days it seemed death would never come.
Years later whenever I returned to Cape Girardeau Charlie's name would always come up.
It was as if his name was always associated with the city.
In the future when I think of Cape I will always remember Charlie.
Des Plaines, Ill.