- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)42
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Charlie Hutson's name associated with his city
To the editor:
Charlie Hutson was my friend and classmate in those heady days after World War II.
In those indomitable days it seemed death would never come.
Years later whenever I returned to Cape Girardeau Charlie's name would always come up.
It was as if his name was always associated with the city.
In the future when I think of Cape I will always remember Charlie.
Des Plaines, Ill.