- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Thanks for contributing to 'HEROES'
To the editor:For more than 90 years the local Southeast Missouri Chapter of the American Red Cross has been a hero for the thousands of people in the area, lending aid and responding to emergencies and disasters for our communities. Now many local businesses and individuals have become heroes for the American Red Cross. "HEROES for the American Red Cross" is an annual fund-raiser, all of which stays in the local community to keep the vital services of the Red Cross going.
The contributions from the community were greatly appreciated and brought us one step closer to meeting our goal. 2007 Heroes giving at the $1,000 level were Southeast Missouri Hospital and Saint Francis Medical Center. Other significant contributions were made by Buckner Brewing Co., Dexter Bar-B-Que, Capaha Bank, Joey's Seafood, Junior American Red Cross, KFVS12, Kidd's Inc., Dottie Lashley, Mississippi River Radio, Naval Operations Center, Noon Optimist Club of Cape Girardeau, Papa Murphy's, People's Bank, Pizza Hut, Popeye's, Schnuck's, Shivelbine's Music Store, American Red Cross Board of Directors and American Red Cross staff.
Thank you again to the community for your contribution and we hope you will contact us if we can be of service to you in the future.
CHERYL KLUEPPEL, executive director,
Southeast Missouri Chapter