- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Thanks for contributing to 'HEROES'
To the editor:For more than 90 years the local Southeast Missouri Chapter of the American Red Cross has been a hero for the thousands of people in the area, lending aid and responding to emergencies and disasters for our communities. Now many local businesses and individuals have become heroes for the American Red Cross. "HEROES for the American Red Cross" is an annual fund-raiser, all of which stays in the local community to keep the vital services of the Red Cross going.
The contributions from the community were greatly appreciated and brought us one step closer to meeting our goal. 2007 Heroes giving at the $1,000 level were Southeast Missouri Hospital and Saint Francis Medical Center. Other significant contributions were made by Buckner Brewing Co., Dexter Bar-B-Que, Capaha Bank, Joey's Seafood, Junior American Red Cross, KFVS12, Kidd's Inc., Dottie Lashley, Mississippi River Radio, Naval Operations Center, Noon Optimist Club of Cape Girardeau, Papa Murphy's, People's Bank, Pizza Hut, Popeye's, Schnuck's, Shivelbine's Music Store, American Red Cross Board of Directors and American Red Cross staff.
Thank you again to the community for your contribution and we hope you will contact us if we can be of service to you in the future.
CHERYL KLUEPPEL, executive director,
Southeast Missouri Chapter