- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Thanks for contributing to 'HEROES'
To the editor:For more than 90 years the local Southeast Missouri Chapter of the American Red Cross has been a hero for the thousands of people in the area, lending aid and responding to emergencies and disasters for our communities. Now many local businesses and individuals have become heroes for the American Red Cross. "HEROES for the American Red Cross" is an annual fund-raiser, all of which stays in the local community to keep the vital services of the Red Cross going.
The contributions from the community were greatly appreciated and brought us one step closer to meeting our goal. 2007 Heroes giving at the $1,000 level were Southeast Missouri Hospital and Saint Francis Medical Center. Other significant contributions were made by Buckner Brewing Co., Dexter Bar-B-Que, Capaha Bank, Joey's Seafood, Junior American Red Cross, KFVS12, Kidd's Inc., Dottie Lashley, Mississippi River Radio, Naval Operations Center, Noon Optimist Club of Cape Girardeau, Papa Murphy's, People's Bank, Pizza Hut, Popeye's, Schnuck's, Shivelbine's Music Store, American Red Cross Board of Directors and American Red Cross staff.
Thank you again to the community for your contribution and we hope you will contact us if we can be of service to you in the future.
CHERYL KLUEPPEL, executive director,
Southeast Missouri Chapter