- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Downtown golf: Spread the word!
To the editor:Not only as Cape Girardeau's town crier, but as an avid golfer, I am looking forward to another spectacular round of golf through downtown. Last year's tournament was hot (in more ways than one) and exciting.
No one really knew what to expect. As we all arrived at our starting position and saw the fairways, we looked at each other and said, "You've got to be kidding me. This is going to be so much fun."
All of the golfers weren't that interested in their scores, but only how to get this Birdieball in the air and how to get it to go left or right. There was so much laughter and good fellowship among all the golfers.
This is truly for a great cause. The money raised is for the Red House Foundation. The foundation is trying to grow the money to $100,000 so the interest from the money will be used for repairs and projects at the Red House in the future. Right now the total in the foundation is $34,873, which has been raised since 2004. The principal of the money will not be touched. Only the interest will be used in the future.
I am hoping you will help me in spreading this proclamation to the citizen's of Cape Girardeau: Come out and support this wonderful cause and enjoy an afternoon of excitement, thrills and good fellowship at 1:30 p.m. June 24 at the Red House Interpretive Center in Cape Girardeau.
Spread the word!
DARRYL MORGAN, Town Crier, Cape Girardeau