- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Downtown golf: Spread the word!
To the editor:Not only as Cape Girardeau's town crier, but as an avid golfer, I am looking forward to another spectacular round of golf through downtown. Last year's tournament was hot (in more ways than one) and exciting.
No one really knew what to expect. As we all arrived at our starting position and saw the fairways, we looked at each other and said, "You've got to be kidding me. This is going to be so much fun."
All of the golfers weren't that interested in their scores, but only how to get this Birdieball in the air and how to get it to go left or right. There was so much laughter and good fellowship among all the golfers.
This is truly for a great cause. The money raised is for the Red House Foundation. The foundation is trying to grow the money to $100,000 so the interest from the money will be used for repairs and projects at the Red House in the future. Right now the total in the foundation is $34,873, which has been raised since 2004. The principal of the money will not be touched. Only the interest will be used in the future.
I am hoping you will help me in spreading this proclamation to the citizen's of Cape Girardeau: Come out and support this wonderful cause and enjoy an afternoon of excitement, thrills and good fellowship at 1:30 p.m. June 24 at the Red House Interpretive Center in Cape Girardeau.
Spread the word!
DARRYL MORGAN, Town Crier, Cape Girardeau