- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Rush becomes conservatives' thorn
To the editor:Occasionally a letter starts my day with a bit of jocularity, and the recent letter from Bill Palmer gave me my big laugh of the day. Palmer's appetite for promoting illegal drug abuse is exactly what these weak-minded individuals need. They focus on his words of support.
I don't find Rush Limbaugh to be a leader in conservative ideology. He has become a thorn in our side, with his voice changing, squealing and whining, and then he tops it off by answering his own whining.
Limbaugh's EIB (Everybody's Idiot Broadcasting) radio network is not informative nor productive. He has become a hateful, self-absorbed hypocrite, albeit very entertaining.
FRANK MYERS, Cape Girardeau