- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Rush becomes conservatives' thorn
To the editor:Occasionally a letter starts my day with a bit of jocularity, and the recent letter from Bill Palmer gave me my big laugh of the day. Palmer's appetite for promoting illegal drug abuse is exactly what these weak-minded individuals need. They focus on his words of support.
I don't find Rush Limbaugh to be a leader in conservative ideology. He has become a thorn in our side, with his voice changing, squealing and whining, and then he tops it off by answering his own whining.
Limbaugh's EIB (Everybody's Idiot Broadcasting) radio network is not informative nor productive. He has become a hateful, self-absorbed hypocrite, albeit very entertaining.
FRANK MYERS, Cape Girardeau