- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Miss Missouri USA
New proof that Southeast Missouri is home to the most intelligent, graceful and beautiful women in the state was provided recently when Amber Seyer of Oran was crowned Miss Missouri USA.
Seyer, a junior at Lindenwood College in St. Louis, represented Scott County at the pageant in Springfield.
In her stage interview, Seyer told the judges that North Korea's nuclear program poses a bigger threat to the United States than terrorists in Iraq and Iran. She also won the Miss Congeniality award.
Seyer had more than one reason to be happy as she was crowned. Her mother, Sherry, had previously agreed to quit smoking if her daughter won the pageant.
During her year as Miss Missouri USA Seyer plans to spend her holidays visiting sick children in hospitals. She will compete in the Miss USA pageant in the spring.
Congratulations, Amber. We're proud of you.