- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Prompt action by senator's staff
To the editor:
I would like to thank the office of state Sen. Jason Crowell for its promptness in responding to a personal concern our family recently shared with his office. We had a response in less than 36 hours after the request was made. Within less than 72 hours the problem had been addressed and resolved favorably.
As citizens, we know that these are our representatives in matters of government, but with the volume of issues and concerns that must come into their offices on a daily basis, I am pleasantly surprised that our issue, not nearly as important to anyone else, was addressed so quickly. Bev from Crowell's staff was extremely professional, open and friendly.
Thank you, Sen. Crowell, for meeting my family's needs so quickly and for providing a staff of professionals to address those needs on your behalf.
KATHY O'HOWELL, Cape Girardeau