- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Prompt action by senator's staff
To the editor:
I would like to thank the office of state Sen. Jason Crowell for its promptness in responding to a personal concern our family recently shared with his office. We had a response in less than 36 hours after the request was made. Within less than 72 hours the problem had been addressed and resolved favorably.
As citizens, we know that these are our representatives in matters of government, but with the volume of issues and concerns that must come into their offices on a daily basis, I am pleasantly surprised that our issue, not nearly as important to anyone else, was addressed so quickly. Bev from Crowell's staff was extremely professional, open and friendly.
Thank you, Sen. Crowell, for meeting my family's needs so quickly and for providing a staff of professionals to address those needs on your behalf.
KATHY O'HOWELL, Cape Girardeau