- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Prompt action by senator's staff
To the editor:
I would like to thank the office of state Sen. Jason Crowell for its promptness in responding to a personal concern our family recently shared with his office. We had a response in less than 36 hours after the request was made. Within less than 72 hours the problem had been addressed and resolved favorably.
As citizens, we know that these are our representatives in matters of government, but with the volume of issues and concerns that must come into their offices on a daily basis, I am pleasantly surprised that our issue, not nearly as important to anyone else, was addressed so quickly. Bev from Crowell's staff was extremely professional, open and friendly.
Thank you, Sen. Crowell, for meeting my family's needs so quickly and for providing a staff of professionals to address those needs on your behalf.
KATHY O'HOWELL, Cape Girardeau