- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)9
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Prompt action by senator's staff
To the editor:
I would like to thank the office of state Sen. Jason Crowell for its promptness in responding to a personal concern our family recently shared with his office. We had a response in less than 36 hours after the request was made. Within less than 72 hours the problem had been addressed and resolved favorably.
As citizens, we know that these are our representatives in matters of government, but with the volume of issues and concerns that must come into their offices on a daily basis, I am pleasantly surprised that our issue, not nearly as important to anyone else, was addressed so quickly. Bev from Crowell's staff was extremely professional, open and friendly.
Thank you, Sen. Crowell, for meeting my family's needs so quickly and for providing a staff of professionals to address those needs on your behalf.
KATHY O'HOWELL, Cape Girardeau