- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)1
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
Prompt action by senator's staff
To the editor:
I would like to thank the office of state Sen. Jason Crowell for its promptness in responding to a personal concern our family recently shared with his office. We had a response in less than 36 hours after the request was made. Within less than 72 hours the problem had been addressed and resolved favorably.
As citizens, we know that these are our representatives in matters of government, but with the volume of issues and concerns that must come into their offices on a daily basis, I am pleasantly surprised that our issue, not nearly as important to anyone else, was addressed so quickly. Bev from Crowell's staff was extremely professional, open and friendly.
Thank you, Sen. Crowell, for meeting my family's needs so quickly and for providing a staff of professionals to address those needs on your behalf.
KATHY O'HOWELL, Cape Girardeau