- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This Derby gas station opened in late 1970 at 1865 Broadway in Cape Girardeau.
The photograph was taken for the Southeast Missourian Achievement Edition published Feb. 27, 1971.
Regular gasoline was 24.9 cents and ethyl was 26.9 cents per gallon.
Using the Consumer Price Index, the price of regular gasoline in 1970 had the same buying power as $1.52 in 2015.
The location is presently Zoi's Gyros Corner.
In this previous blog, another Derby gas station was photographed by G.D. Fronabarger a few years earlier. The gas price was a little higher.
More gas station blogs: