Cape Girardeau County Commission agenda for 11/29/21 meeting (11/27/21)Cape Girardeau County Commission 9 a.m. today 1 Barton Square, Jackson Communications/reports -- other elected officials n COVID-19 Update: In an effort to keep Cape Girardeau County residents safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, Emergency Management Agency (EMA) director Mark Winkler will be issuing an update at County Commission meetings. ...
Latest from the Wire
- COVID variant spreads to more countries as world on alert 11/27 9:32 pm
- Virus-hit Portuguese team plays soccer with 9 men 11/27 6:25 pm
- FACT FOCUS: Why WHO chose 'omicron' for new COVID variant 11/27 6:25 pm
- High inflation? Low polling? White House blames the pandemic 11/27 4:48 pm
- COVID variant spreads to more countries as world on alert 11/27 4:25 pm
- NHL postpones 2 Islanders games amid COVID-19 outbreak 11/27 2:34 pm
- South African scientists brace for wave propelled by omicron 11/27 2:30 pm
Stocks sink on new COVID variant; Dow loses 905 points (11/27/21)NEW YORK -- Stocks sank Friday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average briefly falling more than 1,000 points, as a new coronavirus variant first detected in South Africa appeared to be spreading across the globe. Investors were uncertain whether the variant could potentially reverse months of progress at getting the COVID-19 pandemic under control...
Scientists: COVID shots for kids help prevent dangerous new variants (11/23/21)LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Cadell Walker rushed to get her 9-year-old daughter Solome vaccinated against COVID-19 -- not just to protect her but to help stop the coronavirus from spreading and spawning even more dangerous variants. "Love thy neighbor is something that we really do believe, and we want to be good community members and want to model that thinking for our daughter," said the 40-year-old Louisville mom, who recently took Solome to a local middle school for her shot. ...
Official: More than 90% of fed workers got shots by deadline (11/23/21)WASHINGTON -- More than 90% of federal workers received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by Monday's deadline set by President Joe Biden. Biden announced in September more than 3.5 million federal workers were required to undergo vaccination, with no option to get regularly tested instead, unless they secured an approved medical or religious exemption. ...
Island anger: Guadeloupe closes schools after COVID rioting (11/23/21)LE GOSIER, Guadeloupe -- Schools closed across the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe on Monday and France's prime minister appealed for calm and dialogue after protests against COVID-19 rules and vaccinations descended into days of rioting and looting...
Austrian lockdown dampens holiday mood to contain coronavirus (11/23/21)VIENNA -- Austrians savored one last mulled wine in packed Christmas markets before the curtain came down on the holiday season that was just getting underway, plunging the country that gave the world "Silent Night" into its fourth lockdown of this pandemic Monday...
If you have information or ideas that you feel we should follow up on, please contact us at email@example.com.
State Health Departments - COVID-19 Updates
• Missouri Department of Health
• Illinois Department of Public Health
• Kentucky Department for Public Health
• Arkansas Department of Health
• Tennessee Department of Health
Visit KeepCapeStrong.com for details on coronavirus testing as well as useful links to community resources, local carry out or delivery options and shopping.
• Alzheimer's Association Greater Missouri Chapter