- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Temporary sidewalks leading to some of the stores on Main Street, between Independence and Themis, are shown in these July 1951 photos by G.D. Fronabarger.
Above, the stores include Penrod Barber Shop, Patmore & Co. general merchandise, Maier's Auto & Home Supply, Ross Young's clothing, Montgomery Ward, Bahn Brothers Hardware, Western Auto and Hutson Furniture.
Below, the stores include Franklin's women's clothing, Brokerage Department Store, Gately's Department Store, Schiff's Big Shoe Store, J.J. Newberry Co., J.C. Penney Co. and F.W. Woolworth Co.