- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
A Cape Girardeau street department crew applies cinders to Normal Avenue in front of Leming Hall at Southeast Missouri State College in the 1940s. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
Leming Hall was a dormitory for women built by a group of Cape Girardeau businessmen and opened in 1905 as a private investment. It was located on the southeast corner of Normal and Henderson avenues.
The building was razed in 1972 to make way for a new student union building. It was named the University Center.
A companion structure, Albert Hall, was constructed by the same group. The building was almost identical to Leming Hall in appearance and layout. Albert Hall was razed in 1960 to make room for another unit of Dearmont Quadrangle.