- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Lorberg Funeral Home was started by Martin G. Lorberg in 1910 as Haarig Furniture & Undertaking Co. Its first location was at the corner of Frederick and Good Hope. Following a stay in the 600 block of Good Hope, it moved to 215 S. Sprigg.
On June 12, 1929, the funeral home held an open house at its new location at 433 S. Sprigg, shown here.
Martin G. Lorberg is at left and Carlton "Blink" Lorberg is at right. (Published Oct. 3, 1929, Southeast Missourian 25th anniversary edition)