- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Children cross Independence street in front of Lorimier School in this undated photo from 1960 by G.D. Fronabarger.
This building was actually New Lorimier School. It opened its doors on Sept. 7, 1937, replacing the original Lorimier School built in 1871.
The school was used until 1976. The building was sold to the city of Cape Girardeau and became City Hall.
For more history of New Lorimier School, see this blog by Sharon Sanders: