James Baughn was the webmaster of seMissourian.com and its sister newspapers for 20 years. On the side, he maintained even more sites, including Bridgehunter.com, LandmarkHunter.com, TheCapeRock.com, and Humorix. Baughn passed away in 2020 while doing one of the things he loved most: hiking in Southeast Missouri. Here is an archive of his writing about hiking and nature in our area.
Attention bargain hunters
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2007, at 4:55 PM
Southeast Missouri will feature not one, not two, but three major yard sale events this Labor Day weekend.
* Scott City hosts a citywide yard sale Friday and Saturday.
* Wappapello presents its annual 25 Mile Yard Sale, Friday through Sunday.
* Not to be outdone, Highway 61 is the setting for the 61 Mile Yard Sale, running Thursday evening (now) through Saturday. This event starts at Fruitland and continues north through Old Appleton, Perryville, St. Mary and Ste. Genevieve, before ending at Bloomsdale. If you do go yard sale-ing on 61, be sure to check out my previous posts about Schnurbusch Karst Window and other scenic diversions along the old highway.
- The Pavement Ends guide to the Ozark Riverways (8/19/20)
- Maintz sunflowers back for 2020 (7/27/20)
- Massive sinkhole opens in Reynolds County along the Trail of Tears (6/3/20)1
- Hike from 0 to 12 miles on the Audubon Trail (5/14/20)
- Scenes from Pinecrest Azalea Garden (4/19/20)
- Ideas for getting away from it all (3/27/20)1
- Jean Dale: Cape Girardeau baseball sensation (with an asterisk) (2/10/20)
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires a subscription.