- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Country Quilts & Memories
For immediate release:
Showing Country Quilts for the third year!!!!
"Country Quilts and Memories" hosted by the Alexander County Tourism Group will be presenting their third
annual quilt show at Egyptian School on May 4, 2013 beginning at 10:00 a.m. The quilts will be hung
along the halls of the school with a variety of traditional and contemporary quilts showcasing the skills
of local quilters and stories of the quilts will be included in the display. Quilts may be view by
participants from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
An assortment of vendors, displays and activities will also be available for participants to take part in.
Lacie Betts will sharpen scissors for the ladies, Susanne Baugher will demonstrate the embroidery machine,a Pampered Chef demonstration, and Dee & Dee Purses will display their beautiful purses and accessories. Watkins Products with Julia will be available for purchase. Vella with Scentsy Products will be back this year as well as several other local vendors.
If attending the event on Saturday, there will be a $10.00 donation which includes a light lunch at 11:30 to 12:00. After lunch, there will be a short program and recognition of quilts and drawings. There is no cost for entering a quilt in the event and you may enter until May 3rd. Quilts will be hung on Friday, May 3rd after 4:00 p.m. and Saturday morning beginning at 8:00 a.m. Judging of the quilts will begin Saturday morning at 8:00. The winner of the "best in show" will be announced after the program.
There will be a monetary gift to the "best of show". Vendors may set up on Friday after 4:00 p.m. and
beginning Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. Members of the tourism group can pick up quilts. Remember we need a story with the quilts.
Anyone interested in entering a quilt, setting up as a vendor, or need directions, please call 618-776-
5893, 618-776-6063, 776-5151 or 776-5116. Egyptian School is located on 20023 Diswood Road adjacent to the Tamms-Olive Branch Road in Alexander County.