- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Country Quilts & Memories
For immediate release:
Showing Country Quilts for the third year!!!!
"Country Quilts and Memories" hosted by the Alexander County Tourism Group will be presenting their third
annual quilt show at Egyptian School on May 4, 2013 beginning at 10:00 a.m. The quilts will be hung
along the halls of the school with a variety of traditional and contemporary quilts showcasing the skills
of local quilters and stories of the quilts will be included in the display. Quilts may be view by
participants from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
An assortment of vendors, displays and activities will also be available for participants to take part in.
Lacie Betts will sharpen scissors for the ladies, Susanne Baugher will demonstrate the embroidery machine,a Pampered Chef demonstration, and Dee & Dee Purses will display their beautiful purses and accessories. Watkins Products with Julia will be available for purchase. Vella with Scentsy Products will be back this year as well as several other local vendors.
If attending the event on Saturday, there will be a $10.00 donation which includes a light lunch at 11:30 to 12:00. After lunch, there will be a short program and recognition of quilts and drawings. There is no cost for entering a quilt in the event and you may enter until May 3rd. Quilts will be hung on Friday, May 3rd after 4:00 p.m. and Saturday morning beginning at 8:00 a.m. Judging of the quilts will begin Saturday morning at 8:00. The winner of the "best in show" will be announced after the program.
There will be a monetary gift to the "best of show". Vendors may set up on Friday after 4:00 p.m. and
beginning Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. Members of the tourism group can pick up quilts. Remember we need a story with the quilts.
Anyone interested in entering a quilt, setting up as a vendor, or need directions, please call 618-776-
5893, 618-776-6063, 776-5151 or 776-5116. Egyptian School is located on 20023 Diswood Road adjacent to the Tamms-Olive Branch Road in Alexander County.