- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Village Designs' Christmas
310 Route AA, Daisy, Mo.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
We are a seasonal Christmas shop featuring our own handmade Springerlee wire jewelry and wire home décor. Many other artists are featured this year in our shop, which includes pottery, glass art, bobbin lace, wood carving, baby items and handmade greeting cards.
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We sell our work to several museum stores, galleries and gift shops all over the U.S. that specialize in American handmade items. Shoppers are usually delighted to see our century-old house in Daisy that belonged to Dodie's grandmother.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
Our seasonal Christmas shop has been open for 16 years and has become a tradition for many to visit each year. We see people from several states as they visit relatives over the holidays.