- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Village Designs' Christmas
310 Route AA, Daisy, Mo.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
We are a seasonal Christmas shop featuring our own handmade Springerlee wire jewelry and wire home décor. Many other artists are featured this year in our shop, which includes pottery, glass art, bobbin lace, wood carving, baby items and handmade greeting cards.
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We sell our work to several museum stores, galleries and gift shops all over the U.S. that specialize in American handmade items. Shoppers are usually delighted to see our century-old house in Daisy that belonged to Dodie's grandmother.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
Our seasonal Christmas shop has been open for 16 years and has become a tradition for many to visit each year. We see people from several states as they visit relatives over the holidays.