- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Village Designs' Christmas
310 Route AA, Daisy, Mo.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
We are a seasonal Christmas shop featuring our own handmade Springerlee wire jewelry and wire home décor. Many other artists are featured this year in our shop, which includes pottery, glass art, bobbin lace, wood carving, baby items and handmade greeting cards.
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We sell our work to several museum stores, galleries and gift shops all over the U.S. that specialize in American handmade items. Shoppers are usually delighted to see our century-old house in Daisy that belonged to Dodie's grandmother.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
Our seasonal Christmas shop has been open for 16 years and has become a tradition for many to visit each year. We see people from several states as they visit relatives over the holidays.