- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Warchild RG, delivering $9500 check to St.Jude
Warchild Riding Group just got back from their 8th annual weekend trip to Memphis where a few of the nearly 100 members delivered St Jude Children Hospital a check for $9,500!!!
The Riding Group's annual donation to St. Jude is dependant each year on the hard work of the members of Warchild and the generosity of their supporters. Annually the Riding Group plans a Poker Run in the spring, along with their BIG fundraiser the first weekend in June, called "Rebel Yell." Throughout the year members sell unique coloring books for $5.00 each. ALL funds raised during these three activities goes directly to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
This year Warchild RG members had also saved over 2 fifty-five gallon drums of aluminum can pull tabs. Once recycled the cash received is used to pay for dialysis, unbelievably each tab is worth 3 minutes on the life saving machines.
It costs 1 point seven million a day to run St Jude Children's Hospital. If you are ever looking for a good charity to donate too, this is one. No child should have to endure Cancer.
The group took the tour of the facilities and again you cannot take the tour without getting teary eyed. We may have only given a few minutes of money to run the machines, but it could be the few minutes that save a child's life, or allow someone to find the cure.
THANK YOU Warchild RG members and all of our supporters. YOU and your support/donations are what made this year's donation possible!!
If you would like to learn more about the GOOD works being done by Warchild Riding Group, or to make a donation, buy a coloring book, or to learn what it takes to become a member of Warchild, find us online at http://warchildrg.weebly.com/ Or on Facebook at Warchild RG.