- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Warchild RG, delivering $9500 check to St.Jude
Warchild Riding Group just got back from their 8th annual weekend trip to Memphis where a few of the nearly 100 members delivered St Jude Children Hospital a check for $9,500!!!
The Riding Group's annual donation to St. Jude is dependant each year on the hard work of the members of Warchild and the generosity of their supporters. Annually the Riding Group plans a Poker Run in the spring, along with their BIG fundraiser the first weekend in June, called "Rebel Yell." Throughout the year members sell unique coloring books for $5.00 each. ALL funds raised during these three activities goes directly to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
This year Warchild RG members had also saved over 2 fifty-five gallon drums of aluminum can pull tabs. Once recycled the cash received is used to pay for dialysis, unbelievably each tab is worth 3 minutes on the life saving machines.
It costs 1 point seven million a day to run St Jude Children's Hospital. If you are ever looking for a good charity to donate too, this is one. No child should have to endure Cancer.
The group took the tour of the facilities and again you cannot take the tour without getting teary eyed. We may have only given a few minutes of money to run the machines, but it could be the few minutes that save a child's life, or allow someone to find the cure.
THANK YOU Warchild RG members and all of our supporters. YOU and your support/donations are what made this year's donation possible!!
If you would like to learn more about the GOOD works being done by Warchild Riding Group, or to make a donation, buy a coloring book, or to learn what it takes to become a member of Warchild, find us online at http://warchildrg.weebly.com/ Or on Facebook at Warchild RG.