- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Warchild RG, delivering $9500 check to St.Jude
Warchild Riding Group just got back from their 8th annual weekend trip to Memphis where a few of the nearly 100 members delivered St Jude Children Hospital a check for $9,500!!!
The Riding Group's annual donation to St. Jude is dependant each year on the hard work of the members of Warchild and the generosity of their supporters. Annually the Riding Group plans a Poker Run in the spring, along with their BIG fundraiser the first weekend in June, called "Rebel Yell." Throughout the year members sell unique coloring books for $5.00 each. ALL funds raised during these three activities goes directly to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
This year Warchild RG members had also saved over 2 fifty-five gallon drums of aluminum can pull tabs. Once recycled the cash received is used to pay for dialysis, unbelievably each tab is worth 3 minutes on the life saving machines.
It costs 1 point seven million a day to run St Jude Children's Hospital. If you are ever looking for a good charity to donate too, this is one. No child should have to endure Cancer.
The group took the tour of the facilities and again you cannot take the tour without getting teary eyed. We may have only given a few minutes of money to run the machines, but it could be the few minutes that save a child's life, or allow someone to find the cure.
THANK YOU Warchild RG members and all of our supporters. YOU and your support/donations are what made this year's donation possible!!
If you would like to learn more about the GOOD works being done by Warchild Riding Group, or to make a donation, buy a coloring book, or to learn what it takes to become a member of Warchild, find us online at http://warchildrg.weebly.com/ Or on Facebook at Warchild RG.