- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Warchild RG, delivering $9500 check to St.Jude
Warchild Riding Group just got back from their 8th annual weekend trip to Memphis where a few of the nearly 100 members delivered St Jude Children Hospital a check for $9,500!!!
The Riding Group's annual donation to St. Jude is dependant each year on the hard work of the members of Warchild and the generosity of their supporters. Annually the Riding Group plans a Poker Run in the spring, along with their BIG fundraiser the first weekend in June, called "Rebel Yell." Throughout the year members sell unique coloring books for $5.00 each. ALL funds raised during these three activities goes directly to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
This year Warchild RG members had also saved over 2 fifty-five gallon drums of aluminum can pull tabs. Once recycled the cash received is used to pay for dialysis, unbelievably each tab is worth 3 minutes on the life saving machines.
It costs 1 point seven million a day to run St Jude Children's Hospital. If you are ever looking for a good charity to donate too, this is one. No child should have to endure Cancer.
The group took the tour of the facilities and again you cannot take the tour without getting teary eyed. We may have only given a few minutes of money to run the machines, but it could be the few minutes that save a child's life, or allow someone to find the cure.
THANK YOU Warchild RG members and all of our supporters. YOU and your support/donations are what made this year's donation possible!!
If you would like to learn more about the GOOD works being done by Warchild Riding Group, or to make a donation, buy a coloring book, or to learn what it takes to become a member of Warchild, find us online at http://warchildrg.weebly.com/ Or on Facebook at Warchild RG.