- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Moose Riders Host 2nd Annual Poker Run for MS
Over 400,000 Americans have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, a disease whose cause and cure are both unknown. According to the MS Society Fact Sheet the severity of MS can range from mild numbness in the limbs to paralysis or blindness, making the experience different for each individual and the family of individuals diagnosed with this disease.
Tim Sadler of Anna, IL was one of those affected by MS. On April 21, 2010 Sadler passed away at 40 years of age. Sadler's step-father, Ray Futrell, created the 2011 Poker Run for the MS Society to raise money to help out others affected by the disease.
After raising $1,000 at the 2011 Poker Run for the MS Society, friends and family of Sadler are helping plan and promote the Second Annual Poker Run for the MS Society. The Second Annual Poker Run for the MS Society, set to take place on July 28, 2012 allows all vehicles. The cost for the event is $15.00 for one person or $20.00 for two people, which will include a door prize and a meal for each participant.
The Poker Run will begin at the Anna Moose Lodge in Anna, IL with the first vehicle out by 11am and the last vehicle out by noon. The stops will include: Da Nite in Murphysboro, Black Diamond in Marion, Rameses in Marion, and will return to the Anna Moose Lodge in Anna around 5pm.
Non-participants are also welcome to the Anna Moose Lodge at 5pm where they can purchase BBQ plates. A silent auction, raffle, balloon pop, and heads or tails will also be available to both participants and non-participants.
The Anna Moose Lodge is located at 327 South Main Street in Anna, IL. Those unable to make it to the event can still donate to the MS Society through your local chapter office or online.