- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Central High School senior earns scholarship
Cape Central High School's Meshach Little will be heading to Jefferson City, Mo, later this year, having earned a football scholarship to Lincoln University. Pictured above at the signing of Little's letter of intent are, front row, Kenneth Thomas, Jr., Little's father; sister Shahde Thomas; and mother, Lisa Thomas. Standing: CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison, CHS Football Coach Nathan Norman and CHS Guidance Counselor Nita DuBose.
The 6'3", 290-pound Little is a two-year varsity letterman and was the starting right tackle on the Tiger's offensive line and a regular contributor on the Tiger's defensive line. In addition, Thomas was the shot and discus thrower for Tiger track team and a dedicated participant in the weight-lifting program. "Meshach was a tremendous asset to Tigers athletics and will be difficult to replace," said Coach Norman.