- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Central High School senior earns scholarship
Cape Central High School's Meshach Little will be heading to Jefferson City, Mo, later this year, having earned a football scholarship to Lincoln University. Pictured above at the signing of Little's letter of intent are, front row, Kenneth Thomas, Jr., Little's father; sister Shahde Thomas; and mother, Lisa Thomas. Standing: CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison, CHS Football Coach Nathan Norman and CHS Guidance Counselor Nita DuBose.
The 6'3", 290-pound Little is a two-year varsity letterman and was the starting right tackle on the Tiger's offensive line and a regular contributor on the Tiger's defensive line. In addition, Thomas was the shot and discus thrower for Tiger track team and a dedicated participant in the weight-lifting program. "Meshach was a tremendous asset to Tigers athletics and will be difficult to replace," said Coach Norman.