- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Central High School senior earns scholarship
Cape Central High School's Meshach Little will be heading to Jefferson City, Mo, later this year, having earned a football scholarship to Lincoln University. Pictured above at the signing of Little's letter of intent are, front row, Kenneth Thomas, Jr., Little's father; sister Shahde Thomas; and mother, Lisa Thomas. Standing: CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison, CHS Football Coach Nathan Norman and CHS Guidance Counselor Nita DuBose.
The 6'3", 290-pound Little is a two-year varsity letterman and was the starting right tackle on the Tiger's offensive line and a regular contributor on the Tiger's defensive line. In addition, Thomas was the shot and discus thrower for Tiger track team and a dedicated participant in the weight-lifting program. "Meshach was a tremendous asset to Tigers athletics and will be difficult to replace," said Coach Norman.