- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Central High School senior earns scholarship
Cape Central High School's Meshach Little will be heading to Jefferson City, Mo, later this year, having earned a football scholarship to Lincoln University. Pictured above at the signing of Little's letter of intent are, front row, Kenneth Thomas, Jr., Little's father; sister Shahde Thomas; and mother, Lisa Thomas. Standing: CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison, CHS Football Coach Nathan Norman and CHS Guidance Counselor Nita DuBose.
The 6'3", 290-pound Little is a two-year varsity letterman and was the starting right tackle on the Tiger's offensive line and a regular contributor on the Tiger's defensive line. In addition, Thomas was the shot and discus thrower for Tiger track team and a dedicated participant in the weight-lifting program. "Meshach was a tremendous asset to Tigers athletics and will be difficult to replace," said Coach Norman.