- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Central High School senior earns scholarship
Cape Central High School's Meshach Little will be heading to Jefferson City, Mo, later this year, having earned a football scholarship to Lincoln University. Pictured above at the signing of Little's letter of intent are, front row, Kenneth Thomas, Jr., Little's father; sister Shahde Thomas; and mother, Lisa Thomas. Standing: CHS Athletic Director Lance Tollison, CHS Football Coach Nathan Norman and CHS Guidance Counselor Nita DuBose.
The 6'3", 290-pound Little is a two-year varsity letterman and was the starting right tackle on the Tiger's offensive line and a regular contributor on the Tiger's defensive line. In addition, Thomas was the shot and discus thrower for Tiger track team and a dedicated participant in the weight-lifting program. "Meshach was a tremendous asset to Tigers athletics and will be difficult to replace," said Coach Norman.