- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)3
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
Eighth grade enrollment under way at PHS
Parents of students who will be freshmen next year at Perryville High School should keep an eye out for some important homework this week.
Eighth graders have begun enrolling in classes at PHS this week with help from the PHS guidance counselors, Barb Kutz, Debra Cobb and Tammie Kluender.
"The students are meeting with the counselors during their social studies classes with Mrs. Kelly Hotop this week," Kutz explained. "We've asked them to take home their enrollment packets and discuss their class choices for next year with their parents or guardians."
The packets are in large manila envelopes and contain course descriptions, lists of required freshman courses, enrollment instructions, personal plan of study and a parent letter.
"Parents must sign the enrollment form and students should return it by Wednesday, Feb. 15," Kutz said. "We ask for that signature to ensure that it has been a collaborative effort between the parents and student."
As part of the enrollment process, counselors urge the students to "start with the end in mind."
"We ask students to consider their career goal," Kutz explained, "and we work backwards to develop the plan that will allow them to achieve that goal."
Once all the forms are returned, the counselors enter each student's course selections to create preliminary schedules. Final schedules for all ninth graders are mailed home over summer break.
For more information about eighth grade enrollment, visit the Perry County School District 32 Website at www.perryville.k12.mo.us. Choose Perryville High School in the "select a school" window, then choose Guidance from the green menu. Copies of all handouts given to the students are available for download or printing on the Eighth Grade Enrollment page.
Anyone with questions is invited to call or e-mail their child's guidance counselor:
- For students with last names starting with A-G, contact Barb Kutz at email@example.com or call 573-547-7500, ext. 422
- For students with last names starting with H-N, contact Debra Cobb at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-547-7500, ext. 241
- For students with last names starting with O-Z, contact Tammie Lukefahr at email@example.com or call 573-547-7500, ext. 211