- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)1
Authorities in Bollinger County looking for man who went missing Saturday
ZALMA, Mo. -- Bollinger County sheriff's deputies are searching the woods near Zalma for a Marble Hill, Mo., man who hasn't been seen since Saturday.
According to Bollinger County Sheriff Leo McElrath, Matthew Wayne Willmirth, 24, walked away from his vehicle after it broke down Saturday afternoon on Highway 51. McElrath said authorities believe he may have been under the influence of bath salts or another substance and possibly wandered off into the nearby woods.
McElrath said Willmirth's mother and brother went to help him with his vehicle and saw him walking down County Road 618.
"They didn't actually see him go in the woods," McElrath said.
Willmirth's mother, Connie, said she and her other son took Matthew out to pick up his car because it had broken down. The two men had an argument and Matthew ran off.
"He ran from us," she said.
The county volunteer fire department and sheriff's deputies have searched the area extensively.
"Right now we're at a standstill," McElrath said. "We've contacted his acquaintances, and no one has seen him."
Anyone with information should contact the Bollinger County Sheriff's Department at 573-238-2633.