- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Sport Management 5K Fund Run
Cape Girardeau, MO- On October 23, 2010 the Southeast Missouri State University Sports Management Program hosted their 6th annual "Sports Management 5K Fund Run". This run is put on by the Sporting Event Management class to raise money for an endowed Scholarship for a student graduating from the Sports Management Program.
This year they had 37 registered runners. The winner of the entire run was 28 year old SEMO alumni Jeremy Smith, who majored in Sports Management when he attended SEMO. When he was asked why he came out to run he said, "I came to support you guys."The first female to finish the race was Molly Davis who is also a SEMO alumnus. The youngest participant was 8 year old Sarah Divicky, who did not walk once the entire race. This was her 10th race she has competed in. They feel that this event went well and was a learning experience throughout the planning of the Sport Management 5K Fund Run.