- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Sport Management 5K Fund Run
Cape Girardeau, MO- On October 23, 2010 the Southeast Missouri State University Sports Management Program hosted their 6th annual "Sports Management 5K Fund Run". This run is put on by the Sporting Event Management class to raise money for an endowed Scholarship for a student graduating from the Sports Management Program.
This year they had 37 registered runners. The winner of the entire run was 28 year old SEMO alumni Jeremy Smith, who majored in Sports Management when he attended SEMO. When he was asked why he came out to run he said, "I came to support you guys."The first female to finish the race was Molly Davis who is also a SEMO alumnus. The youngest participant was 8 year old Sarah Divicky, who did not walk once the entire race. This was her 10th race she has competed in. They feel that this event went well and was a learning experience throughout the planning of the Sport Management 5K Fund Run.