- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Sport Management 5K Fund Run
Cape Girardeau, MO- On October 23, 2010 the Southeast Missouri State University Sports Management Program hosted their 6th annual "Sports Management 5K Fund Run". This run is put on by the Sporting Event Management class to raise money for an endowed Scholarship for a student graduating from the Sports Management Program.
This year they had 37 registered runners. The winner of the entire run was 28 year old SEMO alumni Jeremy Smith, who majored in Sports Management when he attended SEMO. When he was asked why he came out to run he said, "I came to support you guys."The first female to finish the race was Molly Davis who is also a SEMO alumnus. The youngest participant was 8 year old Sarah Divicky, who did not walk once the entire race. This was her 10th race she has competed in. They feel that this event went well and was a learning experience throughout the planning of the Sport Management 5K Fund Run.