- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sport Management 5K Fund Run
Cape Girardeau, MO- On October 23, 2010 the Southeast Missouri State University Sports Management Program hosted their 6th annual "Sports Management 5K Fund Run". This run is put on by the Sporting Event Management class to raise money for an endowed Scholarship for a student graduating from the Sports Management Program.
This year they had 37 registered runners. The winner of the entire run was 28 year old SEMO alumni Jeremy Smith, who majored in Sports Management when he attended SEMO. When he was asked why he came out to run he said, "I came to support you guys."The first female to finish the race was Molly Davis who is also a SEMO alumnus. The youngest participant was 8 year old Sarah Divicky, who did not walk once the entire race. This was her 10th race she has competed in. They feel that this event went well and was a learning experience throughout the planning of the Sport Management 5K Fund Run.