- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Sport Management 5K Fund Run
Cape Girardeau, MO- On October 23, 2010 the Southeast Missouri State University Sports Management Program hosted their 6th annual "Sports Management 5K Fund Run". This run is put on by the Sporting Event Management class to raise money for an endowed Scholarship for a student graduating from the Sports Management Program.
This year they had 37 registered runners. The winner of the entire run was 28 year old SEMO alumni Jeremy Smith, who majored in Sports Management when he attended SEMO. When he was asked why he came out to run he said, "I came to support you guys."The first female to finish the race was Molly Davis who is also a SEMO alumnus. The youngest participant was 8 year old Sarah Divicky, who did not walk once the entire race. This was her 10th race she has competed in. They feel that this event went well and was a learning experience throughout the planning of the Sport Management 5K Fund Run.