- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
PHS Student Councils Received Award
The Perryville High School Student Council has been awarded the Gold Honor Council Award for 2009. The award was presented at the annual Missouri Association of Student Councils Convention, held at Jefferson City High School in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Perryville High School Student Council met the criteria set out by the Executive Board of the Missouri Association of Student Councils. Criteria requires that councils winning Honor Council be members of MASC, attend the state convention, have a constitution, and have formal election procedures. Optional activities include leadership training, membership at District Level, attendance at the Summer Leadership Institute, teacher appreciation, student recognition, membership at the national level, running for or holding office at the district or state level, presenting workshops at the district or state level, celebration of National Leadership Week, spirit activities, school service activities, community service activities, and support of the State-designated charity Special Olympics. The Perryville High School Student Council not only met but exceeded the criteria for winning the award.
According to a letter received from Karen Haak, Honor Council Chairman, special recognition goes to student council sponsors Brent Broeking and Michele Pellikan for providing leadership guidance to the student leaders, and to Lee Gattis, Principal of Perryville High School, for fostering student leadership in the district.