- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
PHS Student Councils Received Award
The Perryville High School Student Council has been awarded the Gold Honor Council Award for 2009. The award was presented at the annual Missouri Association of Student Councils Convention, held at Jefferson City High School in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Perryville High School Student Council met the criteria set out by the Executive Board of the Missouri Association of Student Councils. Criteria requires that councils winning Honor Council be members of MASC, attend the state convention, have a constitution, and have formal election procedures. Optional activities include leadership training, membership at District Level, attendance at the Summer Leadership Institute, teacher appreciation, student recognition, membership at the national level, running for or holding office at the district or state level, presenting workshops at the district or state level, celebration of National Leadership Week, spirit activities, school service activities, community service activities, and support of the State-designated charity Special Olympics. The Perryville High School Student Council not only met but exceeded the criteria for winning the award.
According to a letter received from Karen Haak, Honor Council Chairman, special recognition goes to student council sponsors Brent Broeking and Michele Pellikan for providing leadership guidance to the student leaders, and to Lee Gattis, Principal of Perryville High School, for fostering student leadership in the district.