- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
PHS Students Raise Money for Chile Relief
Perryville High School DECA students were moved by the devastation they saw in Chile following that country's recent earthquakes and they quickly sprang into action to help its victims.
The fundraiser they sponsored called "Chile Change Drive" raised a total of $503.84 for the American Red Cross to help with relief efforts in Chile.
Event organizer, Yezi (Amy) Yan, thought it would be a good idea to get the student body involved in the fundraiser. "At first I just wanted to donate money to help out," said Yan, "but then I thought it would be better if the whole school would be involved. I checked with my teacher and got the DECA organization involved. We had a competition between the first hour classes. The top two classes that collected the most money on average per student won a pizza party. The winners were Michele Pellikan's and Jesse Laurentius' classes."