- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
PHS Students Raise Money for Chile Relief
Perryville High School DECA students were moved by the devastation they saw in Chile following that country's recent earthquakes and they quickly sprang into action to help its victims.
The fundraiser they sponsored called "Chile Change Drive" raised a total of $503.84 for the American Red Cross to help with relief efforts in Chile.
Event organizer, Yezi (Amy) Yan, thought it would be a good idea to get the student body involved in the fundraiser. "At first I just wanted to donate money to help out," said Yan, "but then I thought it would be better if the whole school would be involved. I checked with my teacher and got the DECA organization involved. We had a competition between the first hour classes. The top two classes that collected the most money on average per student won a pizza party. The winners were Michele Pellikan's and Jesse Laurentius' classes."