- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Logan Lewis, 12, gets a deer on first hunt
Logan Lewis went hunting with his Grandfather, Jack E. Hawk, for his very first time during the Youth Hunting Weekend early Saturday morning and bagged a 3-pt. buck with his first shot!
After just two days of target practice and gun safety instructions from his grandfather, Logan went hunting for the first time. They hunted on private property where only his small hunting party was allowed to protect the youth from other hunter's who might have been in the same area.
His cousin, Megan Hawk, 11, and her father, Jason Hawk, went with Logan and Jack Hawk, Jason's father. This was Megan's second year to hunt with her dad. Not to be outdone by her cousin, Logan, she also shot a deer, a doe about the same size as the one that Logan got.
(This was the Lord's way to keep peace between the two very competitive cousins!)