- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Logan Lewis, 12, gets a deer on first hunt
Logan Lewis went hunting with his Grandfather, Jack E. Hawk, for his very first time during the Youth Hunting Weekend early Saturday morning and bagged a 3-pt. buck with his first shot!
After just two days of target practice and gun safety instructions from his grandfather, Logan went hunting for the first time. They hunted on private property where only his small hunting party was allowed to protect the youth from other hunter's who might have been in the same area.
His cousin, Megan Hawk, 11, and her father, Jason Hawk, went with Logan and Jack Hawk, Jason's father. This was Megan's second year to hunt with her dad. Not to be outdone by her cousin, Logan, she also shot a deer, a doe about the same size as the one that Logan got.
(This was the Lord's way to keep peace between the two very competitive cousins!)