- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Logan Lewis, 12, gets a deer on first hunt
Logan Lewis went hunting with his Grandfather, Jack E. Hawk, for his very first time during the Youth Hunting Weekend early Saturday morning and bagged a 3-pt. buck with his first shot!
After just two days of target practice and gun safety instructions from his grandfather, Logan went hunting for the first time. They hunted on private property where only his small hunting party was allowed to protect the youth from other hunter's who might have been in the same area.
His cousin, Megan Hawk, 11, and her father, Jason Hawk, went with Logan and Jack Hawk, Jason's father. This was Megan's second year to hunt with her dad. Not to be outdone by her cousin, Logan, she also shot a deer, a doe about the same size as the one that Logan got.
(This was the Lord's way to keep peace between the two very competitive cousins!)