- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Logan Lewis, 12, gets a deer on first hunt
Logan Lewis went hunting with his Grandfather, Jack E. Hawk, for his very first time during the Youth Hunting Weekend early Saturday morning and bagged a 3-pt. buck with his first shot!
After just two days of target practice and gun safety instructions from his grandfather, Logan went hunting for the first time. They hunted on private property where only his small hunting party was allowed to protect the youth from other hunter's who might have been in the same area.
His cousin, Megan Hawk, 11, and her father, Jason Hawk, went with Logan and Jack Hawk, Jason's father. This was Megan's second year to hunt with her dad. Not to be outdone by her cousin, Logan, she also shot a deer, a doe about the same size as the one that Logan got.
(This was the Lord's way to keep peace between the two very competitive cousins!)