- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Logan Lewis, 12, gets a deer on first hunt
Logan Lewis went hunting with his Grandfather, Jack E. Hawk, for his very first time during the Youth Hunting Weekend early Saturday morning and bagged a 3-pt. buck with his first shot!
After just two days of target practice and gun safety instructions from his grandfather, Logan went hunting for the first time. They hunted on private property where only his small hunting party was allowed to protect the youth from other hunter's who might have been in the same area.
His cousin, Megan Hawk, 11, and her father, Jason Hawk, went with Logan and Jack Hawk, Jason's father. This was Megan's second year to hunt with her dad. Not to be outdone by her cousin, Logan, she also shot a deer, a doe about the same size as the one that Logan got.
(This was the Lord's way to keep peace between the two very competitive cousins!)