- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
A Ghost at Old Lorimer?
Is this a figure standing by a headstone last Halloween at Old Lorimer Cemetery in Cape Girardeau?
On Oct. 31, 2008 a local team of Ghost Investigators called TEMPT (The Eastern Missouri Paranormal Team) was allowed to spend the night locked inside Cape's Historic Cemetery. Team leader Kelty Lufcy turned up this photo and has submitted it to The Southeast Missourian for you to view. Is it a ghost at Lorimer?
Located on Fountain Street at Washington Avenue in Cape Girardeau on the crest of a hill overlooking the Mississippi River. The Cemetery is the final resting place for most of Cape's early founders. It is named for Louis Lorimier, founder of Cape Girardeau (q.v.), who is buried there beside his Shawnee consort, Charlotte P.B. Lorimier, who died in 1808, leaving four sons and two daughters. Her inscription reads: "She lived the noblest matron of the Shawnee race..." Lorimier's inscription is "To the memory of Major Louis Lorimier, a native of Canada and first settler and commandant of the post of Cape Girardeau, under the government of Spain, who departed this life the 26th day of June, 1812. Aged 64.
Old Lorimer Cemetery has been reported as one of Cape's most Haunted places in several books and websites over the years.
Contact TEMPT at www.myspace.com/easternmissouriparanorma...