- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
A Ghost at Old Lorimer?
Is this a figure standing by a headstone last Halloween at Old Lorimer Cemetery in Cape Girardeau?
On Oct. 31, 2008 a local team of Ghost Investigators called TEMPT (The Eastern Missouri Paranormal Team) was allowed to spend the night locked inside Cape's Historic Cemetery. Team leader Kelty Lufcy turned up this photo and has submitted it to The Southeast Missourian for you to view. Is it a ghost at Lorimer?
Located on Fountain Street at Washington Avenue in Cape Girardeau on the crest of a hill overlooking the Mississippi River. The Cemetery is the final resting place for most of Cape's early founders. It is named for Louis Lorimier, founder of Cape Girardeau (q.v.), who is buried there beside his Shawnee consort, Charlotte P.B. Lorimier, who died in 1808, leaving four sons and two daughters. Her inscription reads: "She lived the noblest matron of the Shawnee race..." Lorimier's inscription is "To the memory of Major Louis Lorimier, a native of Canada and first settler and commandant of the post of Cape Girardeau, under the government of Spain, who departed this life the 26th day of June, 1812. Aged 64.
Old Lorimer Cemetery has been reported as one of Cape's most Haunted places in several books and websites over the years.
Contact TEMPT at www.myspace.com/easternmissouriparanorma...