- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Schrader To Lead ATAM Organization at Mizzou
By: Jayne Schrader
Jenni Schrader, of Cape Girardeau, was recently elected to serve as president of the ATAM (Association of Textile and Apparel Management) organization at Missouri University at Columbia for the 2009-2010 school year. Schrader, a freshman at Mizzou, is currently serving the organization as the fund-raising chair and is a member of the executive board.
The ATAM organization of about 50 members on Columbia's campus received the 2008 Chancellor's Excellence Award for Most Outstanding Organization in the large category. The organization allows students majoring in textile and apparel management the opportunity to participate in meetings with industry professionals, numerous philanthropic activities, and earn a spot to go on their annual trip to a metropolitan market and tour various corporate headquarters. The group just returned from Dallas April 19th.
Schrader is currently a textile and apparel management major at Mizzou with an emphasis in marketing and merchandising and a minor in business administration. She is a 2008 graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau, MO.